Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How good are police trade in glocks?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gunandammohunting, Oct 5, 2015.

1. gunandammohunting

gunandammohunting Willsonville Member

Im curious if anyone has experience with buying or using the trade in glock 40s&w. The price is hard to beat but are they worth it?

blackadder likes this.
  2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

First off I don't have any experience with the trade in Glocks. What I do know is moat police weapons see a certified armorer at least once a year and if any part is questionable it's replaced. I would also wager most police sidearms see less use then an enthusiast's firearm, they qualify maybe twice a year at most and spend the rest of their service life in a holster. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a police trade in, it's probably been better taken care of and shot less then most of the firearms I already own.

3. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

If you shop around you can find some jems. I have a pre-ban firearm from a local here with markings and is pretty cool and also not for sale been offered way more then it was worth if it was a new model . Shop around and do some research might find something cool.

4. SectionChief

SectionChief New Member

Have a few Glock Police Trade-ins in 9mm. The finish on them shows holster wear, but all have been mechanically perfect.

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I'd buy one. You can replace virtually all parts with ease

spookshack likes this.
  6. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I bought a Sig 229 in .40 that was a police trade in. I owned it for maybe 5 years and sold it for more than I paid for it. It had been shot, a lot. But it was also $350 when they where bringing $500 so.... It still shot well and I was a happy camper

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ditto with my Beretta. Looks like porkypines chewed on it but always functions! It was #10 on the Hartford PD!

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.
  8. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I bought a police trade in G17. The mags had a little wear on the bottom from being dropped, but other than that it was spotless. I had the armorer look at it at a GSSF match and he found no issues with it.
    I've since put a lot of rounds through it without problems.

spookshack and Sgt Nambu like this.