JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a SBR rifle and I am thinking about parting it out as lower and upper.
Can I sell the lower receiver alone as normal lower AR receiver?
It is Daniel Defense AR15 lower with my name engraved per NFA requirement.

How do I report the sale to ATF after I sell it?

Thanks.

I have a SBR rifle and I am thinking about parting it out as lower and upper.
Can I sell the lower receiver alone as normal lower AR receiver?
It is Daniel Defense AR15 lower with my name engraved per NFA requirement.

How do I report the sale to ATF after I sell it?

Thanks.
Notify the ATF that it's no longer configured as an SBR. You don't need permission, just notify them and go on your way.

Practically speaking you have a difficult time selling any AR lower fhat has NFA engraving. Why would someone buy one with someone else's name or trust name engraved on it when they could buy a new one?

Considering you can not make SBRs in Washington. You should sell off everything but the registered lower. Or keep it.

oops.jpg

SBR's are legal in WA. Form 1 SBR is legal.

Post 2 is correct. Easiest way is to notify ATF that you'd like to remove it from the NFA registry.
And then sell it as a title one firearm.

There are stamp collectors that would buy your old stamp. Assuming it's one of the traditional postage stamp style. I don't know if there's any stamp collector value to the e-forms digital stamp, since it's not actually a real stamp.

Although if you've gone through the trouble and paid the $200 tax and legally own a SBR. I don't know why you don't just hang onto it. You can always hang onto the stripped lower and put it back together later.

SBR's are legal in WA. Form 1 SBR is legal.

Post 2 is correct. Easiest way is to notify ATF that you'd like to remove it from the NFA registry.
And then sell it as a title one firearm.

There are stamp collectors that would buy your old stamp. Assuming it's one of the traditional postage stamp style. I don't know if there's any stamp collector value to the e-forms digital stamp, since it's not actually a real stamp.

Although if you've gone through the trouble and paid the $200 tax and legally own a SBR. I don't know why you don't just hang onto it. You can always hang onto the stripped lower and put it back together later.
Do you really have to remove it from the registry before selling it as a title one firearm? I thought I read that all you had to do is convert it so it is no longer an sbr and it is not necessary to contact atf to remove it from the registry (although new owner may want that). I don't know much about it but I think I recall reading that somewhere. @wired would probably know.

There is NO requirement to send anything to the ATF prior to selling a lower receiver. Just sell it and be done with it.
But as was posted above, once a lower has been engraved and marked up, its not worth much if anything. Unless it's a specialty lower like a Knights or something like that, it's pretty much worthless. Keep it, throw it in a safe or use it as a paperweight.

Talk to an ffl or lawyer if you want to do it legally. You are allowed to have sbrs in Washington . No you can't just break it down. Most of the advise here is only goin to get your door broke down. You can't switch them from pistol to rifle once they are registered either. Good luck , there aren't any good option.

Talk to an ffl or lawyer if you want to do it legally. You are allowed to have sbrs in Washington . No you can't just break it down. Most of the advise here is only goin to get your door broke down. You can't switch them from pistol to rifle once they are registered either. Good luck , there aren't any good option.
Oh boy. 🙄

Stay in your lane

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads