JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They like you to inform them to take it off the registry so when the next guy files a form 1 he doesn't run into paperwork hassles. It happens.
That is the same as what I read on the subject, fwiw.

Seems like it is largely a courtesy to the new owner. What I read is that once you change it so that it is no longer an sbr, then it is no longer an sbr in ATF's eyes, although it may still be on the registry as an sbr (ie the registry is not updated unless you let them know).

That is the same as what I read on the subject, fwiw.

Seems like it is largely a courtesy to the new owner. What I read is that once you change it so that it is no longer an sbr, then it is no longer an sbr in ATF's eyes, although it may still be on the registry as an sbr (ie the registry is not updated unless you let them know).
That's the gist of it

I worked in a tiny store in eastern Washington for three years . I am no longer there. I am not an ffl or lawyer. You can do what you want but taking advise from those who have nothing invested is unwise. The internet tough guys are no help when that happens. Protect yourself and your family with knowledge and facts.

I worked in a tiny store in eastern Washington for three years . I am no longer there. I am not an ffl or lawyer. You can do what you want but taking advise from those who have nothing invested is unwise. The internet tough guys are no help when that happens. Protect yourself and your family with knowledge and facts.
I've been an 07/02 SOT for 20 years off and on. Just reupped my 07. I've got 76 tax stamps right now. I've owned more. I've done a few thousand apps for customers . Being doing this stuff for 32 years now. There are people out there who actually know what they're talking about. I have no qualms saying I know the NFA regs like the back of my hand. Your information is wrong.

I've been an 07/02 SOT for 20 years off and on. Just reupped my 07. I've got 76 tax stamps right now. I've owned more. I've done a few thousand apps for customers . Being doing this stuff for 32 years now. There are people out there who actually know what they're talking about. I have no qualms saying I know the NFA regs like the back of my hand. Your information is wrong.
No disrespect meant but you are not in or from Washington according to your profile. My info could also be incorrect for its been a couple years. I've seen it cause problems first hand. Like I said, get real info from a competent person that knows local and federal regulation. You definitely don't want to be in trouble because you took advise from someone grandstanding for the internet. I didn't say take my advise. I said don't. He doesn't now me or my credentials. Being angry or insulting on the internet solves nothing. It does however show your mentality. I thought this group was about shared interests. I thought it would about nowledge, solidarity, making friends, and connections. So far its pretty toxic here.

No disrespect meant but you are not in or from Washington according to your profile. My info could also be incorrect for its been a couple years. I've seen it cause problems first hand. Like I said, get real info from a competent person that knows local and federal regulation. You definitely don't want to be in trouble because you took advise from someone grandstanding for the internet. I didn't say take my advise. I said don't. He doesn't now me or my credentials. Being angry or insulting on the internet solves nothing. It does however show your mentality. I thought this group was about shared interests. I thought it would about nowledge, solidarity, making friends, and connections. So far its pretty toxic here.
Lived there for 30 years. well, 5 in Oregon too . No ones insulted you. They said you were wrong because you are. You are offering unqualified incorrect advice. If you dont know the answer, offering an opinion as fact doesn't help anyone.

There are a lot people upset with the 114 and brace stuff that's likely to go down. I'm not making excuses, but to join in any of the threads devoted to issues like those are a good way to see the crappy, opinionated side of the "combatants".
Pick other subjects to be involved with and you'll see a different side of people.

Unfortunately the whole gun community has a problem getting along. That's one reason we're getting crap shoved down our throats.

I'm sure that you have the best of intentions to help other gun owners. For topics such as these may I suggest finding a citation that backs up your belief and including that in the post with your belief? A particular law, guide on ATF website, etc. Online sources are frequently wrong but some are current and reliable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top