JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bock season ? what's that ? have not received a buck tag in 5 years so i have'nt gone hunting. just like elk hunting have not received a tag 5 years either. getting tired of Oregon's B.S. Now i'm going out of state next year and i'm not even going to apply for oregon !

I meant Western General buck.

Next year I'll just be putting in for doe tags. I would have filled that within the first hour of hunting with a fairly big doe.

bock season ? what's that ? have not received a buck tag in 5 years so i have'nt gone hunting. just like elk hunting have not received a tag 5 years either. getting tired of Oregon's B.S. Now i'm going out of state next year and i'm not even going to apply for oregon !
there is always general season. If you did not get your controlled tag you can always hunt west of the cascades.

I've been hunting one area for the last for or five years. There is one big buck in there, but he ain't stoopid! I kicked him out of his bed twice, but never got a look at him. Saw his very fresh big tracks both times. The elk (which I watched at archery distance) probably messed it up some for me, but I'll be back next year. If I hadn't been so restless I would have saved more vacation time for this week. Next year I will.
Friday we head to North Powder to hunt elk. Can't wait!

I haven't seen anything so far this year as far as bucks go. I've seen quite a few doe's and plenty of sign,but zero antlers. I too will be applying for a doe tag next year.

saw 6 bucks the day before the opener. the day i got home from the ochocos i saw a 3x2 walk through the back of my place and have seen several buck here on the west side since i dont have a buck tag. I do have a doe tag, and now all i see is elk!!!

Ya thats the way it goes huh. how 'bout we trade you hunt sawtel and I'll hunt woodburn:s0114:. Unfortunately I think sunday was my last chance for a kill this year:(

i saw 130+doe in 2 days in the greyback unit Western WA and saw 11 bucks 7 of which were together no doe in the group. no shots fired,waited hours for our opening, didnt happen

I didn't see any bucks in the Ochoco's.. thought you guys might want to see these though. My buddy got this on sunday..
compasdeer2.jpg
compasdeer.jpg

Oh yeah.. this is 3x4 blacktail taken in Private property north of Silverton...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads