JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I passed on a smalled forked horn 30 yards out on opening day. After two more weekends of not seeing any bucks I was beginning to regret it. But my patience paid off when a nice size three pointer walked out in the open. He was 120 yards out and dropped with one shot from the REC7 (6.8 spc). I have pics on my cell phone but I have no idea how to post them.

Well it's officially over now. Out of all of the hunters I've talked to in real life, only one got a buck, and it was in eastern Oregon. It'll be interesting to see ODFW's stats.

My brother and his girlfriend won the tag lottery this year, 2 doe tags, 2 buck tags, and 2 Elk tags.

They filled all 4 deer tags in eastern Oregon and the hope to fill the Elk tags. If I remember correctly the Elk tags are on the Saddle mountain unit. We bought a small chest freezer thinking it would be big enough and it is now completely full. I don't know what we will do if they bring home a couple Elk.

We went 5 for 9 tags on blacktails opening week. Three big 4 points (the picture of mine above was the 2nd biggest), one 3 point, and a forked horn. Our group has 9 tags for elk next week, too. It'd be nice to go 5 for 9 on that!

opening day, I saw a little forked horn buck right in downtown, walking around like he owned the place. I bought a gen'l western deer tag, figured I'd carry the rifle while I scouted some areas for the upcoming elk season. Jumped two deer in the dark timber, and pushed some other animals around, but never came close to a shot. I had to work out-of-town for a week, then I got sick for a couple weeks. It's all about putting the time in. If you're not in the woods, you're not gonna see an animal, so I was disappointed, but not surprised, to have another unfilled tag.

My son got a forked horn opening morning in the Interstate unit, his first deer. He was the only one to draw a tag in our hunting circle.

1003090756a.jpg

I did not see one single buck in shootable light this season. In fact I only saw 2 bucks the whole season,it seems like they were very nocturnal this year. Maybe it just wasn't cold enough or raining enough for them yet?,who knows.

My hunting partner did get a fork by spike on friday at about 4 O'clock. He is the only one I personally know that had any luck in the cascades

Never saw a buck, only saw does. This will be year two since I last filled the Western General Buck Tag. Couldnt afford to go to my Eastern Oregon elk hunt, drew the tag but was too broke to make the trip. Bummer....... Especially since I had good private ground to hunt. Oh well, theres always next year!

I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that someone thought most people wouldnt be hunting during the week. This is usually true Ive found in my area, but this year with all the unemployment, there were guys out hunting all week! I couldnt believe it! I used to go up in the hills on wed. and thurs. and have my hunting areas pretty much all to myself! How many ways will this chitty economy screw me this year!

Ya x2 on the hunting grounds be full of people all week. I took time off work to go hunting alone or for the most part and that didn't happen. I think i'm gona give bow hunting a serious try next season to see if I have any better luck

Saw sign up the WAZOOO but no deer. hunted out scapoose way. The place i normally hunt was closed this year for some reason, so we had to improvise and hunt a small clearcut about 4-5 miles down the road. All in All a really crappy season.

Got totally zilched down here despite extensive hunting in a lot of areas (Rogue, Applegate & Evans Creek Units). Saw hundreds of does and yearlings on public land, mostly near Galice and could have killed half of them. Some of them were as close as 5 yards away and would only sit there and stare at you -it was almost too tempting.

Only saw two shooters on public land - near dark and at a dead run down into Taylor Creek Gorge; no chance.

We did see over a dozen nice bucks that gave us plenty of easy opportunities to shoot them - all standing around in suburban front yards!

Everyone I've talked to says the same thing. Deer in yards, none on public land. I talked to a warden the day after season ended while out looking for a bear and he said he'd checked very few animals, had gotten nothing himself and that all in all, the season was just plain bad.

On the plus side, my cousin's 12 year old got his first buck over on the Silvies and felt enough pity to flip me a hindquarter.

No luck in the Sinlahekin, near Loomis, WA. Three of us for three days saw nothing. A couple of guys local to the area did well, but didn't look like anyone else was having much luck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top