JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are rallies for abortion, rallies for gays, rallies for blacks, rallies for welfare, er, I mean against Wall Street and rallies against our constitutional rights. I haven't seen anything put together by the NRA,OFF or Northwest Firearms in an attempt to show our numbers, who we are and what we stand for. I've personally sent e-mails to our state reps but haven't got wind of too many others doing that? Seems like most people are gonna bubblegum about the ban on the internet then give their guns over when the ban passes.

I am doing all that I can as a disabled vet, but I think the largest part of the problem is that gun owners have jobs. The government is banking on that, we cant always get out and protest because we have to go to work and support our families, with no handouts or help. I am making as much noise as possible though, writing letters and emails.

Let's get it going then... I too have taken the time to write my Senators, and Congressman Smith - Washington, 9th. All it takes is a little time, thoughtful words, and of course the numbers. So let us all sit down and write our reps. If we all stood up for our rights we can't be ignored! Let 'em know how we feel!

How about CHL holders march on Salem. I would take a day off for that. I wonder if the police would march with us or against us?

I am doing all that I can as a disabled vet, but I think the largest part of the problem is that gun owners have jobs.

Thanks for your service. I'm sure you would find more than one person willing to give you lift. As for those of us with jobs, my employer is very pro 2A and it's strongly encouraged to carry a firearm in our line of work. We would be at a rally. I would hope that local companies like Noveske, Calico, Leupold, Redfield and all the mom and pop gun shops would encourage their employees to head to Salem for a day.

Do what the libs do ramp it up on social media

Seen a lot of that. Lots of quotes by George Washington and comparisons to Hitler. That's great entertainment for your Facebook friends that already agree with you but it doesn't do much to change things. I'm tired of just reading about things and think it's time to start taking action

Just an idea, how about an open-carry litter pick-up? To me, this is more powerful than a rally, since it shows the participants doing something productive (not just angry). It would help promote the image of "peaceful happy gun enthusiast + family" versus a rally. Depending on where it happens, it's also perhaps more likely to get press coverage.

If we wanted a LOT of press coverage, it could happen in Portland. Prolly would want to ziptie the actions and warn the police dept though, since loaded open carry is illegal. Would also prolly work best in an industrial neighborhood - having anti-gun extremists pop out of their houses would deter from the message. Also prolly a good idea to prescreen the participants for crazies.

Maybe it'd work best in a suburban neighborhood that more or less supports gun ownership. Hillsboro?

Alternatively, we could do a rally, but on a specific day which celebrates something gun or freedom-related. For example, April 19th, 1775 marks resistance to attempted gun confiscation by the British. A WWII event or Veteran's Day might also work.

Seen a lot of that. Lots of quotes by George Washington and comparisons to Hitler. That's great entertainment for your Facebook friends that already agree with you but it doesn't do much to change things. I'm tired of just reading about things and think it's time to start taking action

I am talking about organizing a protest or march isn't that what you are talking about doing You do that on social media to get the numbers to show up

Another rally idea - print copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights in (say) 50 different languages, then tape them together into a 200-foot scroll. Then have everyone carry it through Salem to the Capitol. Since our politicians seem to have forgotten it! :)

I am doing all that I can as a disabled vet, but I think the largest part of the problem is that gun owners have jobs. The government is banking on that, we cant always get out and protest because we have to go to work and support our families, with no handouts or help. I am making as much noise as possible though, writing letters and emails.

I think you are spot on. The problem with that is, most gun owners and my guess most conservatives are busy taking care of their families and actually have things going on in their lives. The left typically gets so emotional about political issues as the right typically is more rational with their politics. I think it is just a fundamental difference, the left is busy trying to get the gov't to do things for them while the right wants the gov't to do less. Just my opinion, but I let my money and voting do the speaking for me. In some peoples opinions I may not be doing enough to protect my rights but I just don't see the point in standing out front of the capitol trying to convince a bunch of politicians that frankly probably don't care much about what we think. I think we would be better off talking to those close to us, explaining to our families, neighbors and friends why gun rights are important versus giving the main stream media a chance to trash gun owners by having a rally.

Loaded open carry is perfectly legal if you have a chl. I wouldn't be caught in Portland with an unloaded weapon. Especially in the industrial areas or at the waterfront.

I Emailed my senators urging them to appose a new AWB. I would gladly attend an event to protest bans and would try to get as many people to go as possible.

I Emailed my senators urging them to appose a new AWB.

I feel this may get more notice than a bunch of people clogging the streets. If we all give them a piece of our mind, and clog up the political mailbox with our emails we should get noticed. That is, of coarse, assuming everyone that wants to keep our sport around participates.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top