JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are rallies for abortion, rallies for gays, rallies for blacks, rallies for welfare, er, I mean against Wall Street and rallies against our constitutional rights. I haven't seen anything put together by the NRA,OFF or Northwest Firearms in an attempt to show our numbers, who we are and what we stand for. I've personally sent e-mails to our state reps but haven't got wind of too many others doing that? Seems like most people are gonna bubblegum about the ban on the internet then give their guns over when the ban passes.

I'm sure there are some going on. But the lamestream media will never give them the time of day, because it goes against their anti-gun agenda.

That's great. What can we do on a local level? I have no experience with this sort of thing but now is a good time to start.
DC is talk as of today. On the local level you probably have to get with your local council for any licensing for a rally, march with time date etc. Than get the word out, flyers gun shows and forums etc.

Megaphones and hangovers don't mix. Plus I'm sure the Oregonian would love to get a picture and an interview of a gun owner with bloodshot eyes and booze on his breath from the night before.
I suspect the media would do their best to find the most negative aspects of a rally no matter how small. They are masters at it and will look for anything to capitalize on. All it would take is someone wearing a cammo jacket or pants, an NRA hat or shirt or simply someone who might be, shall we say overly enthusiastic about the cause but less than tactful and diplomatic and has a camera and mic stuck in their face. While the majority of us would no doubt attend a rally in a composed and dignified manner there would no doubt be some there that would not. Excuse the reference but if Joe E. Sixpack and his band of lugnuts show up from The Stinkingwater Pass Rod and Gun Club beating their drum about "Air rights as 'Mericans ta' have ar' guns" well then I believe the positive and correct message would be lost. Maybe I am exaggerating and it would go well without the detractors but it seems any public rally or demonstration, regardless of the cause has them and they ultimately become the highlight.

Alternatively, we could do a rally, but on a specific day which celebrates something gun or freedom-related. For example, April 19th, 1775 marks resistance to attempted gun confiscation by the British.

^^^^ This is a hell of an idea. Although April may be too late..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I suspect the media would do their best to find the most negative aspects of a rally no matter how small. They are masters at it and will look for anything to capitalize on. All it would take is someone wearing a cammo jacket or pants, an NRA hat or shirt or simply someone who might be, shall we say overly enthusiastic about the cause but less than tactful and diplomatic and has a camera and mic stuck in their face. While the majority of us would no doubt attend a rally in a composed and dignified manner there would no doubt be some there that would not. Excuse the reference but if Joe E. Sixpack and his band of lugnuts show up from The Stinkingwater Pass Rod and Gun Club beating their drum about "Air rights as 'Mericans ta' have ar' guns" well then I believe the positive and correct message would be lost. Maybe I am exaggerating and it would go well without the detractors but it seems any public rally or demonstration, regardless of the cause has them and they ultimately become the highlight.

Excellent point; we would definetely have to put our best foot forward in order to show the media that we are not all a bunch "bubba's" (for lack of a better term). That means shaved faces/ trimmed beards, clean shirts, and our good suspenders! All joking aside, a positive reenforcement of our public image will be crucial to the successful outcome of this proposal. That means no rebel flags!

CCRKBA to Obama: ‘Yes, there will be resistance'

For once it appears the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms agrees with President Barack Obama about his announced intentions to push for a new and more sweeping ban on so-called "assault weapons" in 2013.

<broken link removed>

These are my favorite parts and the answers should be obvious:

How does Mr. Obama think he can accomplish talking to "all the stakeholders" if he leaves out the people most affected by what appears to be an extremist gun ban attempt in the making?

The president should chat with people who own these guns; people like Carpenter and the Gudes. They're the "stakeholders" who have much at stake, and so far, Obama doesn't seem interested in hearing what they have to say.

Alternatively, we could do a rally, but on a specific day which celebrates something gun or freedom-related. For example, April 19th, 1775 marks resistance to attempted gun confiscation by the British. A WWII event or Veteran's Day might also work.

I believe that day marks "The Shot Heard Around the World".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top