JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty sure this is a troll post. But...

How/why does hornady have no integrity? They offered to inspect and replace the ammo, and your upset why?

I have only had the absolute best when dealing with hornady, I have called them and said " I screwed something up and broke a part on my press".

Their response, "ok, we'll get you a new part sent out, oh and are you interested in the new primer guide system?, ok I'll through one of those in as well"

All free. No shipping. All my fault.

I positive that if the ammo is defective, they'll go out of their way to make it right.

I'm betting you normally shoot 38's and didn't get the cylinders cleaned out.

Last Edited:
troll.jpg

... I've always found their brass to be of great quality, but I usually prefer other vendors for bullets (sierra, berger, barnes). No snipe against them on this front, I just never found their bullets to be that innovative.

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!? :nuts: Who else has designed a special round specifically for our protection in case of a zombie apocalypse???? Huh? Yeah, nobody. I didn't think so. They are looking out for us and helping us prepare for the end of the world. How much more innovative do you want??? :eek:ffwall: :gun10:

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!? :nuts: Who else has designed a special round specifically for our protection in case of a zombie apocalypse???? Huh? Yeah, nobody. I didn't think so. They are looking out for us and helping us prepare for the end of the world. How much more innovative do you want??? :eek:ffwall: :gun10:

Tell me more about this zombie crushing round? No seriously.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Tell me more about this zombie crushing round? No seriously.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Wellllll, it is super wamerdine, explosive when contacting brain matter, but passes through non-necrotic tissue without doing any damage. It actually regenerates inside of magazines between zombie slaying sessions so you never run out, and it has a really cool green tip on it... that is pretty much exactly the same thing as the V-max, but in green. I tried to make it obvious I was mocking the Z-max bullets in my first post, but sarcasm really is hard to convey in text, and I like being subtle.

I still remember about 2 years ago at SHOT (the year after Z-Max came out) there was zombie everything. I about had a seizure when I saw "zombie ammo can". There was so much zombie stuff that it had simply stopped making sense.

This was approximately my response:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Hornady. I love their products, I love their people.

I also love Nosler for the same reasons. Nosler came out with the first ballistic tip and it is awesome. But, Savage having the first Accu-Trigger doesn't make the ones made by Ruger, Marlin and Remington necessarily worse. Hornady offering their products at their great prices is hard to argue with. At the same time, I love Nosler and love my money going right up Hwy. 97 from my house. I buy them both and I am happy with them both.

I also love Berger, Barnes, Sierra and Swift. Berger VLD's are amazing and for me the best are the 6.5 and 7mm's. That's not to take away from other calibers, I just find those exceptional. Barnes homogenous bullets are awesome. Who doesn't want to retain 100% of the weight? Sierra Gameking's and Matchking's are great for hunting and competition and don't quite break the bank. Swift A-Frames and Scirocco's(sp?) are great, but I have a problem with the "bang for the buck".

It's important to mention cartridge development when speaking of Hornady. Thank God for that. It's important to mention a genius like Dave Emary. That they aren't afraid to use and in some cases improve upon what are admittedly great ideas is why Hornady is as awesome as they are.

So much can be done with bullet construction these days. I still cast my revolver bullets with a formula along the lines of Lyman #2. For my rifle bullets, I am thankful for all the new improved stuff that is around.

i know i am late to the party, had this happen with remmington in 3006 and a ruptured case and some over powered case primer backout
they said the same thing they will send shipping lable but they also replaced the box of ammo so,,,,

I still remember about 2 years ago at SHOT (the year after Z-Max came out) there was zombie everything. I about had a seizure when I saw "zombie ammo can". There was so much zombie stuff that it had simply stopped making sense.

This was approximately my response:

Ha! My wife gave me a zombie can for Christmas! I've been threatening to spray paint it to get her goat!

As to Hornady I don't know a thing about their customer service since I've never had any kind of problem with a Hornady product. The first 165g bullet I ever fired was in a .30-06. That season I got a shot at a nice Muley buck at abt 200yd, but there was a problem. His vitals were covered by a substantial scrub oak and heads were swinging round to our location! So I took what I had, held 1" off the tree and popped him in the front shoulder! The core separated and went streight through the shoulders, while the jacket came off intact and severed the aorta like a meat cleaver! Now I'm not generally in favor of bullet separation but this was a Dead deer, and I've stuck with the Hornady 165's ever since. They've always held together and expanded nicely in softer tissue, BTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole story sounds fishy to me. If the op infact used 6 rounds and felt they were defective why did he not call them immediately to resolve the issue if he felt it was of such great importance and could possibly cost someone that trusted this ammo their life? Instead he put it off and "lost" the ammo for a couple of years before ever contacting them? I have never lost a box of ammo, move or no move and if it was something that I truely felt was a danger to myself and others it would have been dealt with in a prudent time frame, it only takes a few minutes to make a call and get it resolved. especially since it seems that it frosted your a$$ to the point that you would raise such a stink about it 2 years later? Seems to me that your integrity is very much in question, you said "figured that this isn't something I should sit on and need to share." yet that is exactly what you did for 2 years!.

Troll looking for free ammo!!:s0154:

i have had some issues with the critical duty defense rounds in my 40 cal. and It would not cycle in my Beretta, so many other rounds did great and unfortunately I wanted to use this round in particular:( so I called and they sent me a label I sent it in and also sent my gun into Beretta. not only did the ballistics engineer guy email and call me to chat. but got the same type of gun to see why it was having an issue. so I was not the only only that had the issue. they never had the results that I had. it just would not cycle. it would get jammed and i would have all sorts of issues. but he sent me back double the ammo and said sorry. and same with beretta. great customer service from both sides. well i took the gun to the range and had it malfunction again with the same ammo and some other ball ammo. and well I have some nice ammo and no longer have a px4 storm to put it in. :) so the ammo i have from hornady of the duty rounds now sit in my glock:)

Testing ammo is a long drawn out process, this is something few people (including commercial manufacturers appreciate). Any ammo I ship to a customer I usually want to know exactly what gun they're putting it through so I can try it out first. If it's going to be a "general reload" I try to put it through most of the common guns out there... glock, beretta, FN, browning, etc.

I've had more than a few friends who have complained about "pet loads" they borrowed from me. Even when we were using the same gun. Reminds me, I should really take my kimber out and put some rounds through it, I don't think I've shot in 2 years...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top