JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All:

I am an older (65) knife guy who has been into autos for at least 25 years but only been into the OTF knives for 10 years or so. I have spent from $700+ for custom Microtechs to the cheap Lightnings knives from China. My favorite is the MT scarab but about 6 months ago a knife friend of mine on the east coast who has one of the nicest collections I have ever seen told me about Horizon Outdoor knives. I asked him to send me one so I could check it out. I now have several of them and carry one daily. They are in my opinion better made than some of the much more expensive US made knives plus they have great customer service in the US. The blade play reminds me of the older Vero Beach Microtechs. The new models (pictured) have M390 blades that are excellent at holding an edge.

Pictured with the polished blade is a Sentry and is about 7.5" long and the larger knife is there new model that is a little over 8" long. They come in a nice case with a tool to take them apart if needed.

Great knives for under $150 each.

James

20181231_125556_resized_3.jpg 20181231_125537_resized_3.jpg 20181231_125543_resized_3.jpg

JamesG,

I second that - Best place to purchase?

That said, I've always (though I really, really want one...) have been concerned that an OTF knife could possibly open while in my pocket...

Am I being overly cautious or does it happen perhaps more frequently than is mentioned...?

Thanks!

If any of you want to check these out and live near Tacoma I would be glad to show you what they are all about.
It would be very hard for one of these to go off in your pocket a long as you are using the pocket clip. You don't want to carry a OTF knife on the bottom of your pocket anyway because the lint will get in and cause an issue with the function of the knife.
I will try to get you the information on the distributor in the US.

James

I've never had an otf come out in pocket from (flea market junk even)

Now some of these push button automatics (lookin at you protech) without a lock are worrisome.

I usually like the single edge more than the double edge but on these new knives the D/E is what I favor. Will probably sell the single edge and get another D/E.

James

Hi All:

I am an older (65) knife guy who has been into autos for at least 25 years but only been into the OTF knives for 10 years or so. I have spent from $700+ for custom Microtechs to the cheap Lightnings knives from China. My favorite is the MT scarab but about 6 months ago a knife friend of mine on the east coast who has one of the nicest collections I have ever seen told me about Horizon Outdoor knives. I asked him to send me one so I could check it out. I now have several of them and carry one daily. They are in my opinion better made than some of the much more expensive US made knives plus they have great customer service in the US. The blade play reminds me of the older Vero Beach Microtechs. The new models (pictured) have M390 blades that are excellent at holding an edge.

Pictured with the polished blade is a Sentry and is about 7.5" long and the larger knife is there new model that is a little over 8" long. They come in a nice case with a tool to take them apart if needed.

Great knives for under $150 each.

James

View attachment 534811 View attachment 534812 View attachment 534813
Hi,
If the Horizon OTFs are still available, I would love to take them off your hands. I am local to Tacoma. Feel free to reach out if you want to let them go. [email protected]

Hi All,

I have 9 new Horizon knives coming in this week. I am planning on having them at my table this Saturday at the WAC show in Puyallup.

Thanks
James

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews