JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Taking my girlfriend's dad out to the Idaho woods today to hike and search for morel mushrooms.

Might be a little early for them around here, though.

Always run into a bear or two just coming out of hibernation and hungry but usually no trouble.

More concerned about my dog's safety.

Not sure what gun I'll bring.

The EP-9 is more handy, but the 450 Bushmaster is more comforting...

View attachment 575377

I miss the morel mushrooms in Iowa.

First time I ever had them was out there. Married an Iowa girl and her mom's side of the family were Southern Iowa/Missouri rednecks and we'd go down to her grandma's house for Easter and there would be a giant haul of morels that grandma would filet, roll in egg and breading, then pan fry.

Absolutely delicious!

Grew up in the Idaho woods and had seen them, but no one in my family ever picked and ate them.

When I moved back here a few years ago, I started looking for them. They don't get as big out here, and they don't taste as good as grandma's, but they are a fun treat every Spring...

View attachment 575380

View attachment 575381

One must be careful of hte false variety.

The wife and I were in Joseph a couple summers back and spotted what she thought was a Morel. We were accosted for the location information. A chef (sous-chef) looked at our phone photos and concluded they were false.

I agree: tasty treats.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads