JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bigger picture here. If the homeless wins this one, 2A groups could and should use this against firearms& accessories confiscation. Edit. The important thing at its most basic, broken down core is.. personal property items confiscation and so forth.. even though it may well be just "trash" to the City and to Agencies; it is still personal property owned or in possession by the homeless people.
If the homeless loses... well then... uhm... good luck y'all :rolleyes:

Bigger picture here. If the homeless wins this one, 2A groups could and should use this against firearms& accessories confiscation. Edit. The important thing at its most basic, broken down core is.. personal property items confiscation and so forth.. even though it may well be just "trash" to the City and to Agencies; it is still personal property owned or in possession by the homeless people.
If the homeless loses... well then... uhm... good luck y'all :rolleyes:
Something tells me that isn't going to happen. Tents and associated crap aren't regulated by a government agency.

I suppose that IF they can produce verifiable receipts or bills of sale for their "property" they could be reimbursed... after it's deducted from their owed property taxes, trash pickup, water/sewer bills. :rolleyes:
I place a container of "property" at the end of my driveway every week and the city sends a truck to confiscate it without compensation... this has been going on for years.... so they must owe me zillions by now. :s0092:

On another thought.... I wonder when we'll see the City's report on weapons/drugs found amongst their "valuables"?

I suppose that IF they can produce verifiable receipts or bills of sale for their "property" they could be reimbursed... after it's deducted from their owed property taxes, trash pickup, water/sewer bills. :rolleyes:
I place a container of "property" at the end of my driveway every week and the city sends a truck to confiscate it without compensation... this has been going on for years.... so they must owe me zillions by now. :s0092:

On another thought.... I wonder when we'll see the City's report on weapons/drugs found amongst their "valuables"?
Hahaha this was great

To be fair, other than the mentally ill ones, I reckon most of the homeless people would rather be under a roof than sleep on the street and I also thing that many are homeless due to circumstances beyond their control, such as loosing everything due to lack of health insurance or they were "downsized" out of a job. Hence what they have is all that they have in life, and to lose it with no hope of re-attaining it would be a burden.

That said, it is sad that a nation as rich as ours can't seem to find a way to get people sorted and back on their feet. At least the ones that want to once again lead normal lives.

I am not defending all of them; rather I am opining that not every one of them is a lazy loser.

To be fair, other than the mentally ill ones, I reckon most of the homeless people would rather be under a roof than sleep on the street and I also thing that many are homeless due to circumstances beyond their control, such as loosing everything due to lack of health insurance or they were "downsized" out of a job. Hence what they have is all that they have in life, and to lose it with no hope of re-attaining it would be a burden.

That said, it is sad that a nation as rich as ours can't seem to find a way to get people sorted and back on their feet. At least the ones that want to once again lead normal lives.

I am not defending all of them; rather I am opining that not every one of them is a lazy loser.
MANY of them have substance abuse issues. 38-90% depending on who you believe. I think that slice of statistical pie couldn't care less about a roof over their head as long as they have drugs in their veins.

I think the amount of homeless people that were displaced from lack of health insurance or unemployment is pretty low. People have to WANT to work too.

A normal city would counter sue them for causing the autism.

Funny, but kinda not. I mean, they want reimbursement for their tents......wouldn't it be nice for them to reimburse the city and the taxpayers for unauthorized use of city property, defecating and urinating anywhere they feel the need? That's an interesting thought. Of course it won't go anywhere, again this is Portland. :rolleyes:

After removing them and charging them with creating a public health hazard, littering, illegal camping, loitering, and whatever other laws apply, the garbage and other waste (which creates a public health hazard) should be destroyed immediately for the public good and for sanitary reasons. The four corners area had 27 full size dumpsters of trash and debris removed according to a PDX city water bureau employee. Months later there was that much there again. Why store garbage and waste for them? There should be punitive damages against the lawyer for filing frivolous lawsuits.

WWII-era-M2-Flame-Thrower.jpg

Again the voters there are going to get it up the butt and say more. Almost none of the "homeless" ever buy a tent. I suspect most of them are stolen.
So tax payers foot the bill.
Costs a LOT of money to clean them up.
No homeless person has money to hire lawyers.
The best part is the tax payers footing the bill vote to get more of this, so hope they enjoy hell out of it. :s0092:

MANY of them have substance abuse issues. 38-90% depending on who you believe. I think that slice of statistical pie couldn't care less about a roof over their head as long as they have drugs in their veins.

I think the amount of homeless people that were displaced from lack of health insurance or unemployment is pretty low. People have to WANT to work too.
ALL who are "homeless" because they really just hit hard times have help. All they have to do is seek it. Signs everywhere looking for workers. Of course if all you really want is free drugs and no work? Well its easy to blame everyone else and demand more free money to buy your drugs.

....................So, where did they come up with the lawyers fees to launch this suit???

They need to be charged for every little thing, clean up, damages, theft, drug abuse, all kinds of stuff.

Where is the U.S. Coastguard protecting the waterways from all the pollution these dregs keep dumping into the watershed, no, I'm not joking ether???
Seems to me, the State should be on the hook for the "Super Fund" clean up of the major homeless areas, get the feds in here and force the states to clean up their act!

As others have said, "the voters are getting what they voted for".

Portland residents especially have tolerated homeless squalor and voted for the politicians who believe in a world of no consequences for those causes and people they agree with. Because it means more tax dollars, more public union employees and more bureaucracy, in other words, power.

Remember this is a city that passed an ordinance that requires a homeowner to purchase a $25 permit to cut a branch on a tree on your own property that is equal to or exceeds 0.25 inches in diameter. Never bothered to learn if that permit was per tree, per branch, or ??

Every day I see the drug addicted, thieving, violent (mostly to each other late at night) homeless near my home. I've talked with them, the nearby businesses that suffer extensively from bold, unadultared shoplifting and my neighbors who have items stolen, family members threatened, and their property damaged.

There is no consequence for the drug addicts. The situation that blankets Portland will not improve any time soon. Probably some day, it will. I thank God that I have a way out: a new home home in Idaho where, at least now, this madness is not embraced with the odd, self righteousness of my liberal neighbors. A number of whom appear to be experiencing some level of "buyers remorse" over the policies they have so fervently supported for decades.

I'm practicing more patience than I've ever called forth before, as I chafe to leave the h*llhole which, very sadly, Portland has become. I kept telling myself, "there is a better place to live" I just gotta be patient until all the boxes are checked (one very long year, I'm afraid) until I can leave.

I absolutely can........ not...... wait.

Last Edited:
Agreed with this. Homelessness is a complex social issue involving economics, mental health issues, substance abuse, etc., so there is no easy answer. But I do believe the wealthiest and most technologically advanced society on the face of the planet can do a lot better than we are now.

That said, true enough; unless someone wants out of an addiction, or similar, there isn't much that can be done for them. Part of the human condition, I suppose. :(

A new 1% additional income tax on people and businesses has been passed in Portland to support homeless. This $ will go to groups feeding and providing services to homeless (i.e. creating "infrastructure" to support homeless). This free food and other services will in turn make it even more desirable for more homeless to move to portland. This increased homeless population will create a need for more taxes to provide more food and services to the larger homeless population. This will create a bigger incentive for more homelss to come to Portland, and so on and so on. Meanwhile the large homeless population steals the property of the taxpayers and wolking people who are paying for these services. Unbelievable.

Also a large portion of the burden on the already overstretched local police to respond to calls comes from the homeless population, so that those taxpayers and regular working folk are less able to get police services if they need it.

Last Edited:
A new 1% additional income tax on people and businesses has been passed in Portland to support homeless. This $ will go to groups feeding and providing services to homeless (i.e. creating "infrastructure" to support homeless). This free food and other services will in turn make it even more desirable for more homeless to move to portland. This increased homeless population will create a need for more taxes to provide more food and services to the larger homeless population. This will create a bigger incentive for more homelss to come to Portland, and so on and so on. Meanwhile the large homeless population steals the property of the taxpayers who are providing these services.

Insanity.
Love it. Since the majority of the voters there want this, they can have it. A lot of the scum will head to their place and leave others alone. Cites with homeless scum who do not want help should pass out 1 way buss tickets to Potland. Along with a flyer of how Potland is welcoming them. Be fun to see just how bad it has to get there before the voters decide they have had enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top