JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have tried every holster you can imagine, from kydex to that serpa. I am back to leather for mags and everything. I've had mags catch on doors just a little bit and get pulled out, go skidding over the sidewalk in front of people thanks to my kydex mag carriers. I've also had kydex holsters that broke when I hit the ground during a drill. Leather is the only way to go. I can do cart wheels, fall on the ground, etc. and my gear stays put.

I have tried every holster you can imagine, from kydex to that serpa. I am back to leather for mags and everything. I've had mags catch on doors just a little bit and get pulled out, go skidding over the sidewalk in front of people thanks to my kydex mag carriers. I've also had kydex holsters that broke when I hit the ground during a drill. Leather is the only way to go. I can do cart wheels, fall on the ground, etc. and my gear stays put.

An officer I work with has had terrible luck with breaking kydex magazine carriers.

They didn't represent the Serpa very well. The belt retaining claws were removed from the paddle. That makes a huge difference in retention.

I use leather for my magazines and alien gear for my pistol. I am crawling through blackberry, under cars, over embankments, and all kinds of other things. I have no issues with my holster or my magazine carrier. I also don't open carry and even if they could rip the pistol or holster lose a karambit quickly reminds them to keep their hands to themselves.o_O

Last Edited:
New and old. The black one was issued to me back in the the 80's. It's still in decent shape but I worry about one of the straps breaking due to age, so I got a new one. Hard to let go though. Lol. But yes, it was definitely tortured.

IMG_20170921_135931.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads