JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have tried every holster you can imagine, from kydex to that serpa. I am back to leather for mags and everything. I've had mags catch on doors just a little bit and get pulled out, go skidding over the sidewalk in front of people thanks to my kydex mag carriers. I've also had kydex holsters that broke when I hit the ground during a drill. Leather is the only way to go. I can do cart wheels, fall on the ground, etc. and my gear stays put.

I have tried every holster you can imagine, from kydex to that serpa. I am back to leather for mags and everything. I've had mags catch on doors just a little bit and get pulled out, go skidding over the sidewalk in front of people thanks to my kydex mag carriers. I've also had kydex holsters that broke when I hit the ground during a drill. Leather is the only way to go. I can do cart wheels, fall on the ground, etc. and my gear stays put.

An officer I work with has had terrible luck with breaking kydex magazine carriers.

They didn't represent the Serpa very well. The belt retaining claws were removed from the paddle. That makes a huge difference in retention.

I use leather for my magazines and alien gear for my pistol. I am crawling through blackberry, under cars, over embankments, and all kinds of other things. I have no issues with my holster or my magazine carrier. I also don't open carry and even if they could rip the pistol or holster lose a karambit quickly reminds them to keep their hands to themselves.o_O

Last Edited:
New and old. The black one was issued to me back in the the 80's. It's still in decent shape but I worry about one of the straps breaking due to age, so I got a new one. Hard to let go though. Lol. But yes, it was definitely tortured.

IMG_20170921_135931.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads