JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've come to appreciate a leather OWB pancake and it's simplicity. It works. Works well.

I can't help but want to try a steeper cant. Get the frame of the gun more vertical vs the slide.

Help me find something?

Pictures of how it sits now vs what I want to try.

Thanks!

Reno

3854FFAE-FE4F-4AB7-B07D-FA1882FD47DA.jpeg 6607E0FF-4A28-4D97-BCE7-60EAB9AD86E9.jpeg 701DE09C-C9D8-42C3-9959-1B925430A7B2.jpeg D61D2915-E573-4B18-AE90-42D033EBB55A.jpeg

What kind of pistol? A SOB holster will probably have a cant closer to that. The more horizontal the frame gets the less bending the material will do. Just keep that in mind. It may not be super comfortable.

Last Edited:
You're talking about getting into an SOB style.
https://www.desantisholster.com/s-o-b-small-of-back-sob/
You've been around long enough to know my view on that mode of carry so I won't go there. Keep in mind the more you cant and the further you reach, the more your shoulder will dip and the more telegraphic you will be upon presentation. IMO a covert draw is more relative to CCW vs a speed draw, you really get neither where you are going. YMMV.

I wasn't going to utter SOB. Was just curious if there was something else to try. Thanks for the input.

I wasn't going to utter SOB. Was just curious if there was something else to try. Thanks for the input.
Have you ever tried carrying appendix? Unless you're strictly trying to stay OWB.

The steepest cant I tried is 25* from a Secret City Weaponeers K-25 Holster for a G19. I would guess that OWB you have pictured is 15*. The pics you show are right in line with that SOB holster I linked just at the 5 o'clock position. I will admit that K-25 is super comfortable and concealable but get into that shoulder dip thing I was talking about. Given that angle it also makes me think of the Mitch Rosen ARG.

Have you ever tried carrying appendix? Unless you're strictly trying to stay OWB.
Yes.

I don't have any belly to hide anything in the front. My shirts tend to sit pretty tightly against my entire front end.

The backside from my butt to lower back is the best place to put something on my body. It's about the only place a shirt hangs and leaves a gap, as I pictured. Since I have a decently athletic butt the curvature isn't like a round butt, so I've got very little gap at 3-330. Some, but not much at 4. I'm too narrow for anything at 2-4.

None of this is a problem in the winter, summers. I were shorts and a basic cotton T.

My torso isn't that long and I'm not that big in the chest. So large shirts just look horrible on my frame. Most I've tried just look like I'm wearing a dress. If there were a size between medium and large, that would possibly solve some issues.

First world problems...

Yes.

I don't have any belly to hide anything in the front. My shirts tend to sit pretty tightly against my entire front end.

The backside from my butt to lower back is the best place to put something on my body. It's about the only place a shirt hangs and leaves a gap, as I pictured. Since I have a decently athletic butt the curvature isn't like a round butt, so I've got very little gap at 3-330. Some, but not much at 4. I'm too narrow for anything at 2-4.

None of this is a problem in the winter, summers. I were shorts and a basic cotton T.

My torso isn't that long and I'm not that big in the chest. So large shirts just look horrible on my frame. Most I've tried just look like I'm wearing a dress. If there were a size between medium and large, that would possibly solve some issues.

First world problems...
Haha. Fair enough. Sounds like it's time to start working out. Or drink a lot of beer and get that gut lol. I only asked cause I have found appendix is the most comfortable way for me to carry and is super easy to conceal. I wear fitted shirts but they aren't too tight to my body. I carry a pistol, tourniquet and knife on the front of my body everyday. It took me a long time to figure out a set up that worked for me.

Haha. Fair enough. Sounds like it's time to start working out. Or drink a lot of beer and get that gut lol. I only asked cause I have found appendix is the most comfortable way for me to carry and is super easy to conceal. I wear fitted shirts but they aren't too tight to my body. I carry a pistol, tourniquet and knife on the front of my body everyday. It took me a long time to figure out a set up that worked for me.
Does running 2-4 miles a day count. I lift weights, but not exactly to gain weight.

The steepest cant I tried is 25* from a Secret City Weaponeers K-25 Holster for a G19. I would guess that OWB you have pictured is 15*. The pics you show are right in line with that SOB holster I linked just at the 5 o'clock position. I will admit that K-25 is super comfortable and concealable but get into that shoulder dip thing I was talking about. Given that angle it also makes me think of the Mitch Rosen ARG.
Do they have a website? I searched it but only forum posts came up?

Ask and ye shall receive!

There's a guy I follow on social media...he goes by the moniker "Salty Dad." He's a former cop and a father and fairly salty. Hence the name.

Anyway, he wanted what I think you are describing and got the folks at Ronin Leather to build him one. And they turned it into a regular model that they sell...and named it after him. Reports are that Ronin's quality is excellent but I don't have any firsthand experience. There also aren't a ton of picture but if you email them, maybe they've got more. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top