JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know a spot, where the pigs are in Oregon? Or guide the knows where the pigs are. Let's talk$. I brew my own beer. Also any private rancher or Farmer that may have hogs. On their land that they need to getting rid of. We all love bacon in our freezer.
[email protected]

Last Edited:
I don't know about their distribution in OR, but I regularly hunt hog on family land in norcal. They are so common that my family has a depredation permit as they regularly cause problems for the ranch. I would guess their range would likely cover the south and east of the state.

Yeah from what I hear they are on the southern border of OR. Nothing like down south as we have a little colder winter but am sure the population will grow. Good luck on your search and hope you find something.

According to an article in a recent NW Sportsman magazine what hogs there are in Oregon have concentrated mostly onto private land and are being eradicated from aircraft by the Oregon Wildlife Services (part of the Dept of Ag.) I believe the article stated an estimated 5000 in Oregon but that seems a little high.

We do not want feral hogs up here.

I know the good ole boys would love it for fun and easy shooting, but back in Oklahoma where I'm from (and Texas and a lot of other places), they have gotten out of hand, out of control, and cause A LOT of property damage along with tearing up crop fields.

I figure it's only a matter of time til some fool picks up a couple of sows and lets them loose out in the sticks, but it's not something we should encourage.

They are quite a pest down south.

Still though, it would be nice for hunting if we had a population in the area.

I am obviously not a farmer so I'm sure they would disagree with me.

There is information on the location of wild hogs in Oregon on the ODFW website.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/invasive_species/feral_swine.asp
The major feral swine activity in Oregon is generally located in near Madras, Maupin, Fossil, Spray and Mitchell —the hot bed of activity being a large circle around the Antelope area. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/hot_topics/swine.asp

Hog hunting in Oregon is a well kept secrete which is kind of ironic. Hogs destroy deer habitat. You would think the hunters would want them gone, yet the few that know keep it a secrete for their own hunting pleasure. You would also think the landowners that have feral hogs would be waving a huge banner to get rid of them.

If you find out let me know! My antelope contact who lives in Prineville was telling me he had hogs near Ochoco Forest. I went up in July but all I saw was a tiny yote and a pretty 3x3 buck.

That's my info as well, we must visit the same Feed Store! I drove through the Ochoco 2 weeks back. The place was dry as a popcorn fart. Pigs need lots of water, even in Australia, the super wild pigs gravitate to water.

While hogs DO exist they can be nearly as elusive as something that may (or may not exist) IE another large, hairy creature but regardless after 30 + years of hiking, hunting, camping, fishing, partying and everything outdoors I have seen only one hog killed and that was just North of Redmond. I agree they are out there but like the article in the magazine I read most are on private land and not particularly accessible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top