JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy Friends,

For those of you in the Hillsboro area, please be diligent and watch where you park, specifically if you work out at LA Fitness off of Imbre. On Thursday 012518, some where between 1600-1730 my truck was broken into while I was at the gym. I was parked on the field side of the gym facing the fred meyer gas station towards the front of the gym (West side I believe). I try to go there 5 times a week, so I'm aware of their break in situation, but i was so close to the front, I figured Id be ok....Most of the time I am very aware of my surroundings, and I figured its still early, so Id be ok.... Well, I was wrong.... Long story short, they smashed my windows and got some personal and work information which pisses me the F*&^ off as they know where I live now; however, one thing I wanted to mention, is that I did have a get home bag with what I would consider having some moderate priced things in it. It was missed as it was hidden and secured in my truck, but something that I was thankful for is that I did not have a "truck gun" in it... For years Ive been debating if Id want a truck gun, but after Thursday, I'm not sure Id be willing to take the risk anymore even if its secured and hidden like my bag. Obviously, the cops cant do anything (police report filed) and La Fitness doesn't care, so please be cautious of where you park and observant of your surroundings....

Some side notes and questions:
I had an extang solid fold tri cover that they tried to get into, but the cover held and they were unable to get into it (looks like they tried to get into it with a screw driver).... Its new and still functional, so if someone is looking at a tri fold. Id reccomend this cover...

Any input on home security camera/ alarm systems?

The area has changed a lot in the past 10 years... Be sure to keep this in mind weather your a good ol local or new to the area....

As much as this messed up my weekend, life goes on.........

LMT

What's their "break in situation"? This happens often? I'd skip a few workouts and park it there again, with a bag full of garbage on the front seat, then sit in another vehicle where I could see the truck and wait for them to return.

Do it with a plastic and tape window, that way you don't lose out. When they go for it, you could either take video and try to get a plate number of their vehicle or, well, do what comes natural.

Ive seen glass in various parts of their parking on a monthly basis, so Id consider their issue frequent especially with mcminmines next door.... I was so close to the front entrance, that I really thought Id be ok... Another truck was broken into along with mine... Police say they leave bait cars in the parking lot with no luck..... I am not a small guy, so i would love to catch the chicken s*&%& in the act.....

Just next to there is CPR, which is famous for break-ins. Ronler is just down the street, so the baddies are trying to get all the 'good stuff' from all those highly paid Intel folks.

Sorry to read this OP.
I just looked at the map of that location.
It's got a couple things that thieves like.

They can watch their victims arrive and know they have 30-60 minutes on average to do their dirty work.
It's not a residential area per se, so there are not a lot of eyes around.
Then they have their quick escape route....Hwy 26.

LMT10MM,

Sorry this happened and I hope you are able to weather your loss with minimal discomfort.

Why do you think they chose your truck? I ask cause I will occasionally go to the Road House next door and I know they have had a problem for years there also.

This is common place for gyms, movie theaters, and the mall.

Thieves target those places knowing people will be in for at least 30 mins+

And at the gym thieves know a lot of people leaver their wallets, and purses in the car.

:) years ago I had a car prowl steal my stuff right next to my bedroom window. I reported it and the cop said why didn't you lock your car. So I began locking the car and the thieves busted out the drivers side window:confused:. I never leave anything in my rig overnight that I want to keep.

Thanks. It's a newer lifted truck with tinted glass all around... I like to think it's clean but not super flashy. Be careful of your surroundings and what you keep in your rigs.
LMT10MM,

Sorry this happened and I hope you are able to weather your loss with minimal discomfort.

Why do you think they chose your truck? I ask cause I will occasionally go to the Road House next door and I know they have had a problem for years there also.

Sorry to hear of this blasphemy.
This is the main reason I live and worked in a rural area.
I do not mind driving into town.
I hate thieves & downtown vermin.
I hate neighborhoods and goofy neighbors.
I like my privacy.
Did I mention that I hate goofy neighbors?o_O

We have an office with people working 24-7 adjacent to CPR and recently fenced the entire lot with a locked gate to prevent things like this on company property. Sorry it happened, but thieves will always want what you have.

I live in a good area of Orchards and one of my neighbors saw someone trying to get in one of my cars at 3:00 am the other night, He called the county sheriffs and they came right out. The attempted thieves even came up the driveway. My cars are parked both on the street and in the driveway. They didn't break anything or get anything. What they thought was worth stealing out the 4 1990's cars is beyond me, the youngest being 21 years old and the oldest 28. One of the problems with a newer nicely insulated house is that a lot of outside sounds are filtered out, unlike in the 50 to 100 year old houses I have lived in all my life up until 2 years ago. Sorry you had a break in, but it can happen almost anywhere today, not that I like it anymore than you do.

Sorry this happened to you. Even if they would have been caught, they would have been released in the morning and back at it that night. Wash, rinse, repeat. Our judicial systems lack of any consequences for committing a crime is why we are plagued with it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top