JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It must be at least three inches thick.....unlike any picture I have ever seen on a wall. Not a bad concept but it wouldn't fool me, I don't think.

For someone who wanted to recess it into the wall, like a medicine cabinet, there used to be these magnetic locks that needed a "key" passed over them to disengage the magnets. These were sold for night stand drawers, etc., with firearms users in mind. My memory of these is vague, but they must have been electro-magnets of some sort with a battery operated key.

Replacing the magnets on this unit with the "keyed" magnets would help with security and with kids, I would think. Or you could build something similar yourself and lock the firearm inside the unit with cable or whatever.

It would be awesome if there was an area of the wall you could slide your finger across, and the frame popped open to expose your socom II.

I like the idea ... you could post pictures of guns on the front ... [;)]

On a more serious note, yes, install it 'in' the wall and a solonoid lock (car door popper???) is a good idea .... JMO

It must be at least three inches thick.....unlike any picture I have ever seen on a wall. Not a bad concept but it wouldn't fool me, I don't think.

For someone who wanted to recess it into the wall, like a medicine cabinet, there used to be these magnetic locks that needed a "key" passed over them to disengage the magnets. These were sold for night stand drawers, etc., with firearms users in mind. My memory of these is vague, but they must have been electro-magnets of some sort with a battery operated key.

Replacing the magnets on this unit with the "keyed" magnets would help with security and with kids, I would think. Or you could build something similar yourself and lock the firearm inside the unit with cable or whatever.

There is a kind of cabinet latch called a "push-latch" that holds the door tightly if pulled on. To open the cabinet door you first PUSH on it, it clicks off the latch, and the door opens. These were designed originally for motor homes and trailers so that cabinets would not swing open by centrifugal force of the vehicle. Any good hardware store could order them for you. I once had a whole kitchen full of them. It was fun to discover guests trying to search the cabinets without success! Nobody ever thought of pushing in order to pull......................elsullo :D

I like the idea but have to agree you would want to set it in the wall, vertical it would fit between the studs. If your kids are looking behind the wall hangings in your home they either need more attention or more outdoor activities!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews