Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Demasoni, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Demasoni

Demasoni Eugene, Oregon Member

Hi guys,

Am sorta new to firearms owning, and a family member show me this site so I decided to make a account. I been browsing through the Classifieds lately and seeking to find a handgun for target shooting.

I currently live in Portland for the time being, then I`ll be back in Eugene for school.

2. Rik

Rik Beaverton Member

Best thing for getting started and target shooting (IMHO) is a 22caliber. Go to Bimart and get a ruger 1022, put a nice little scope on it. You can shoot 1000's of rounds for pennies. Then get a good 22 cal handgun to go with it.
    If/when you get the bug... then do research on a full sized handgun.

Be safe, have fun ! (in that order)

3. Demasoni

Demasoni Eugene, Oregon Member

Well I currently have a AR-15, I was looking to get a Walther P22 than a glock or a Sig 22lr Classic P226 than convert it to a 9mm later with there kits. I currently cant afford a handgun now with summer tuition and such, but I been looking around and saving.

4. Rik

Rik Beaverton Member

Guess I took the 'new to firearms' too literally. :)
    I'm fairly new also to expanding my firearms knowledge/collection. Been a target plinker all my life, and totally enjoying my new obsession... As for handguns I really like how my XD-9 shoots.
    Rik

5. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Demasoni.

Will