JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since they don't give any explanation as to how someone could fire 22 squibs in a row without figuring out something was wrong, yeah i'm going to call this one staged as well.
Could be true, they were looking but could not see where they were hitting.

Could be true, they were looking but could not see where they were hitting.
Have you ever shot a squib?
Anyone remotely paying attention notices that "poof" that was supposed to be a "bang".
And even if they miss that first squib, the pressure of the second round would make the recoil and sound way off. So... 22 times?
I think my explanation is more likely.To wit:
When my friends and I started reloading, lo those many years ago, we experimented with light loads such as what was the bare minimum to get a gun to cycle or what was the minimum to get the bullet to exit the barrel. We hammered more than a few bullets out of barrels and then decided to go the other way and heat things up with maximum loads which proved to be more fun.
I believe these barrels, loaded up with bullets are somebody's experiment.

@Kruel J well say what ya want of the company but apparently the owner did not get injured nor did the carbine blow up :rolleyes:
Could be an out of spec barrel, could be crap reloads going far too slow (squibs) or whoever made the ammo forgot to put in enough powder.... these look like either hardcast lead, or partially jacketed rounds.
Must not have been too low on powder unless the idiot manually activated the action.

Have you ever shot a squib?
Anyone remotely paying attention notices that "poof" that was supposed to be a "bang".
And even if they miss that first squib, the pressure of the second round would make the recoil and sound way off. So... 22 times?
I think my explanation is more likely.To wit:
When my friends and I started reloading, lo those many years ago, we experimented with light loads such as what was the bare minimum to get a gun to cycle or what was the minimum to get the bullet to exit the barrel. We hammered more than a few bullets out of barrels and then decided to go the other way and heat things up with maximum loads which proved to be more fun.
I believe these barrels, loaded up with bullets are somebody's experiment.
You're aware how relatively quiet a 9x19 load is when shot out of barrels longer than 10 inches? They aint silent, no.. but theyre also not as loud as any larger or stronger loads. Granted.. they're also nowhere near the .357 magnum power out of a carbine either :rolleyes: I do distinctly recall that several ammo companies down loaded their 9mm loads for "recoil sensitive" people as well as supposedly doing better in pocket pistols :rolleyes:

I'm just saying... maybe its not all that out of the realm of possibility... mag dumps, rapid fire, other people shooting in lanes next to you, crap hearing protection that doesnt cancel noises but just silence everything....

Well, since they don't give any explanation as to how someone could fire 22 squibs in a row without figuring out something was wrong, yeah i'm going to call this one staged as well.

Hi-Point owners aren't known for firearms savvy. Seems more likely that the shooter was just ignorant.

Bizarre-o picture and incident. It, eh-hem, took him 35 rounds to notice a problem? :p
Only because it was too full to chamber a 36th. Engineered to be (eventually) idiot proof:D. Gotta hand it to him though, he was patient enough to reload that 10 round mag 3 times and try, try again.

Who knows what the actual circumstances were. I had a TS995 years ago that was an impulse purchase because it was priced too good to pass up. Mine was 100% reliable and probably more accurate than I could shoot it. Never needed the warranty. I'd probably still have it but decided I wanted to consolidate calibers and it was my only 9mm so it had to go. I'd probably own another if I stumbled across another deal like the first.

I have to believe this was staged

It has happened before with other types of firearms so I doubt it was staged. Too much risk involved, at the very least ruining a firearm.

plugged.jpg
omamfciqg1uiper3pdrj.jpg
supersquib.jpg
GMR-15-9mm-with-24-660x440.jpg
blackhawk-squib.jpg
img4620g-jpg.jpg
Squib.jpg

I can't see this happening as an accident. Somebody simply decided to pull the trigger and hold it down until the magazine was empty! It's a bit surprising tha Barrel didn't Blow! Whoever did this was VERY Lucky!

Just goes to price that Stupid has No Cure! :mad::mad::mad:

I have seen several non staged examples of this and even managed 4 of my own in an old Colt police 6".

In my defense I was firing multiple really fast drills on a t-shirt covered target. I fired four rounds in just over a second on that DA gun and noticed the front sight was askew. It split at the muzzle with round 1 poking out.

A smith in Silverton or Mt Angel (Last of Church, Roger's brother) cut the gun at 4" and fashioned a new front sight and it was good as new and you couldn't hardly even tell the front sight was a repro.

I did note a slight difference in report but didn't think it was a squib. My bad but it worked out.

I've had squibs happen with my .45ACP in IDPA where the first thing I noticed was the Safety Officer telling me to halt. It's just one of those weird things that happen in action shooting where electronic muffs can make a squib as loud as a normal shot. So my .45 would be slightly out of battery, and I think I have a FTF that needs clearing... well, I'm thankful that those SOs are on the ball. I've fixed my reloading procedures, and don't use reloads in competition now.

My guess is the same guy that loaded up this barrel drove into the river on his way home because his GPS sent him to the boat ramp.... They are out there and they breed

I have seen several non staged examples of this and even managed 4 of my own in an old Colt police 6".

In my defense I was firing multiple really fast drills on a t-shirt covered target. I fired four rounds in just over a second on that DA gun and noticed the front sight was askew. It split at the muzzle with round 1 poking out.

A smith in Silverton or Mt Angel (Last of Church, Roger's brother) cut the gun at 4" and fashioned a new front sight and it was good as new and you couldn't hardly even tell the front sight was a repro.

I did note a slight difference in report but didn't think it was a squib. My bad but it worked out.

Sure, I can see how that could happen with a DA revolver, but a semi-auto, where you would have to manually cycle the action after a squib?
22 times?

There's nothing to lock the breech in a straight blowback 9mm carbine :rolleyes: its possible only the first one was half power/just enough to cycle the action and the 21-34 others were at normal power in a straight blowback semiautomatic... and because of the basic design, all the extra pressure went out the ejection slot, bolt moved faster than normal, guy didnt notice until the end?
There ARE low power/reduced recoil/reduced pressure 9x19mm ammo out there, meant for use in a pistol barrel, not a carbine.

There's nothing to lock the breech in a straight blowback 9mm carbine :rolleyes: its possible only the first one was half power/just enough to cycle the action and the 21-34 others were at normal power in a straight blowback semiautomatic... and because of the basic design, all the extra pressure went out the ejection slot, bolt moved faster than normal, guy didnt notice until the end?
There ARE low power/reduced recoil/reduced pressure 9x19mm ammo out there, meant for use in a pistol barrel, not a carbine.
this , other than I think they were a sad attempt at sub's just because a full power load behind it would have drove the first one out .....IMO.......I can totally see someone thinking this is staged though......because of that ,it is easily staged and explained .

Pro tip : The difference between Fact and Fiction, Fiction must make sense.

Hi points look like junk but every report I see is that they are bombproof and go bang every time.

As for the guy...

"Damned gun is so far off I can't even see where the bullets are going. Let me try another magazine..."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top