JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Kruel J well say what ya want of the company but apparently the owner did not get injured nor did the carbine blow up :rolleyes:
Could be an out of spec barrel, could be crap reloads going far too slow (squibs) or whoever made the ammo forgot to put in enough powder.... these look like either hardcast lead, or partially jacketed rounds.

@Kruel J well say what ya want of the company but apparently the owner did not get injured nor did the carbine blow up :rolleyes:
Could be an out of spec barrel, could be crap reloads going far too slow (squibs) or whoever made the ammo forgot to put in enough powder.... these look like either hardcast lead, or partially jacketed rounds.

How about NOT calling me out on a thread I'm not participating in eh? I've already stated I have nothing more to say about HP.

:rolleyes:

How about NOT calling me out on a thread I'm not participating in eh? I've already stated I have nothing more to say about HP.

:rolleyes:
Poking ya cuz we all know how ya feel about Hi Point :D:p although I'm honestly surprised that the carbine only needed a rebarrel to be done to it.. one would think they'd at least replace recoil springs and check bolt face for signs of overpressure :rolleyes:

I'm sure the squibs are entirely HiPoints fault, cause ya know, it's hipoint.

If anyone is shocked by the number of squibs, remember that they bought a hi point to begin with.

:s0111:

Last Edited:
Someone pointed out a very good possibility. Only the first round was a squib, the rest could have been standard pressure 9mms... how is this possible, you may ask; the answer lies in its stupid simple operation... just like the Sten gun, and many pistol caliber SMGs of the past... it operates on straight blowback... with only the weight of the bolt and the strength of the recoil spring to delay the blowback. It does not have a locked breech at all. All the pressure could have exited from the ejection port, the bolt moved a little faster than is normal, and the user may not have noticed much difference from normal rounds, especially if he had similarly cheap hearing protection :rolleyes: the 34 rounds behind may have felt "hotter" because of the over pressure and the fact the gun did not have a locked breech to contain all the pressure at all. :rolleyes:

I have to believe this was staged i.e. The shooter used handloads with decreasing powder loads to stack that barrel. Any other explanation just seems unlikely.

Here is a similar event but using an AR9 pistol I think. 22 squibs in the 14.5" JP Enterprise pin-weld barrel
22 squibs in one barrel. New record? -

Seems the AR9 also operates on straight blowback... unless you believe this is also staged?
Well, since they don't give any explanation as to how someone could fire 22 squibs in a row without figuring out something was wrong, yeah i'm going to call this one staged as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top