JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi from the UK , I am a semi retired Brit and enjoy a range of shooting , from clays and full bore target through mini Rifle and Practical shotgun . I have a particular love of Black powder target shooting and currently use a Westley richards Martini henry .577/450 , pedersoli Brown bess, a Ruger Old Army, a kentucky plains .45 . a 9mm rimfire rifle from Germany and recently aquired the 'Farbed' Enfield parker hale i have asked about various more modern nitro guns also fill my cabinet !

Hi there from rural Cambs! Good to see another person from the Old Colony. We like pictures, so don't be coy. Also, beware of the odd 'off' comment from stage left - our US fellow shooters can often find it hard to comprehend the complexities of firearms laws in the UK - and who can blame them? This CAN lead to a degree of misunderstandment, but it can easily be resolved.

I've spent the last five or more years trying to put things in order, vis-á-vis shooting here as opposed to shooting there, and I'm sure that your experiences will also become part of the site folklore, too.

Anyhow, welcome again.

It is important to learn from others and their experiences / laws / requirements etc...who live somewhere else.
Also it is important to understand that the above will be different , than what we have here in America .

Most importantly , for here on the forum at least , is Rule Number One...
Be excellent to each other.

What you post is a reflection of you...And all of us here on NWFA.
Andy

@GOG - just as a matter of passing interest, you may care to know that over here in North Wales the word 'Gog' is used to describe a police officer, as in 'the Gogs are busy tonight'.

The Welsh word for police 'Heddlu' is followed with the Welsh word for North - Gogledd - Cymru is Welsh for Wales, BTW. Shortened somewhat disrespectfully to 'The gogs'.

1621349155032.png

@GOG - just as a matter of passing interest, you may care to know that over here in North Wales the word 'Gog' is used to describe a police officer, as in 'the Gogs are busy tonight'.

This is because the Welsh word for police 'Heddlu' is prefaced with the Welsh word for North - Gogledd. Shorted disrespectfully to 'The gogs'.
Rather be agog than a wog...

This is because the Welsh word for police 'Heddlu' is prefaced with the Welsh word for North - Gogledd. Shorted disrespectfully to 'The gogs'.
Actually in my case GOG stands for Grumpy Old Guy. :D

The Welsh word for police 'Heddlu' is followed with the Welsh word for North - Gogledd - Cymru is Welsh for Wales, BTW. Shortened somewhat disrespectfully to 'The gogs'.

View attachment 886184
Something like, "Coppers", "Cops". etc.:)

G'day Poffle. I'm an Oregonian, but originally hail from your great penal colony down under.

There's alot of good technical information on this site, and alot of interesting political and ethical discussion too.

More like 'rozzers', but less unpleasant than 'pigs' or 'filth', both of which are used by lower orders of the community.

Personally, I call police officers police officers, but I was raised to be polite.
tac,
My brother, in the '70s, was a, "Motor Cop" (Motorcycle) in San Jose Calif. When they local losers started calling the Officers, "Pigs" the officers turned it around and had little silver "Pig" emblems made for their uniforms.

"Ay up!" from a re located Yorkshire lad.

Welcome to NWFA- how did you manage stumble onto this particular fine forum ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top