JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could you tell us a little about the gun culture there there? Are they trying to kill the 2A? Does the population lean towards gun rights?

@Kcee I used to ride a Yamaha FZ600 from Rialto to Long Beach, about 140 mile round trip every day. Being young has it's benefits. California has those bumpy expansion joints every 10 seconds.
Massachusetts is primarily a left-wing state controlled by all Democrats in the majority, and all three branches of government. Our newest governor ran on an anti-2A platform and was elected by an overall majority margin 🤦🏻‍♂️

We do have the local chapter of the Gun Owners Action League which I'm a member of that has been excellent in fighting for our rights.
As far as the ease in getting a large capacity (10 round maximum) LTC, it depends on what city or town you live in, as the police chief has the ultimate authority in the decision (which I think you can appeal) fortunately I never had to go that route as I was a business owner when I applied in a small town that leaned to the right. I did move to a larger city that is mostly run by all right-wing Democrats. (But I couldn't resist the lakefront location).

I hear ya about those expansion joints, as I have a 78 Kawasaki KZ 1000 that I bought new after trading in a 2-stroke 500 that was set up for the 1/4 mile. All my friends had vintage race cars that I couldn't afford being 16, but I could blow their doors off.

Aloha Mack,
I could write pages about my river of tears, as I was a technical scuba diver. I was on an offshore dive with mu best friend in 2005 who had an O2 hit on our return to the surface. I was looking at 40 minutes of mandatory Deco left on my computers but had to make the decision to bring him up. Unfortunately, he still died and I was air-lifted to a chamber but was paralyzed from the waist down.
I spent months in rehab learning to walk all over again and I still have balance issues and walk with a cane.
It sucks getting old, but it's better than the alternative

Wow, your last 2 posts puts a lot of things into perspective. Just to confirm, are 10 round magazines considered large capacity?
Yep, that's what they say.
As I think I said before, you can buy larger capacity mags but they come at a premium price. Basically I can't buy and ship anything larger than 10 into Ma.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks, sorry it took a while to respond.
My toys when I'm not shooting

IMG_3785.jpeg

Have been to Worcester many times, lived in eastern CT for long time, but I always found Woosta to be east of Springfield 😁
My daughter works at UMass Worcester Went to Spags for school shopping every year
Hi Tank, you are so correct, I totally screwed up that. We are west of Boston, east of Springfield 🤦🏻‍♂️

UMass is just down the lake from us and I used to work on the fire sprinklers for Spag. Installed them in all his buildings, (sports shop, old school house, warehouse, etc.)

Also did a lot of work in UMass, but it's all prevailing wage work.

Spag kinda lost interest when his wife died and he let the managers take over. That was the end of the place. You should see it now, kinda sad as I grew up in Shrewsbury.

If you said western CT that brings back memories of Lime Rock, where I'd take that little 911

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

When I was trapped in California we were able to sometimes buy "Magazine Rebuild Kits". A dismantled 30 round standard mag that could be bought for "Replacement Parts" as a way to get around the unconstitutional ban against standard magazines.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

When I was trapped in California we were able to sometimes buy "Magazine Rebuild Kits". A dismantled 30 round standard mag that could be bought for "Replacement Parts" as a way to get around the unconstitutional ban against standard magazines.
Great idea!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads