JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to find information on a revolver I recently picked up. It is a Interarms Virginian Dragoon Silhouette Stainless 10.5" in 41 Mag. I can find a lot of info. on the 44 Mags. but I can't find anything on the 41 Mags. Does anybody have a clue about these?

1691687762373.png

Aloha, Mark

Probably all you would want to know....

Thanks, I've read that. I am hoping someone might have more info on the the 41 Mags specifically. They seem to be few and far between. I've looked at a couple of the Interarms catalogs and the Silhouette version in 41 mag was only listed in 1983 and production of the Dragoons ended in 1984.
From Lee Martin's paper, "
The majority of the Dragoons I see are in .44 Magnum, with the .45 Colt being the
next most common. .357 Magnums do exist, but they're pretty rare, and the .41
Magnum is a mystery. Early on, Interarms catalogued the .357 and .41
Magnums, but it wasn't until the 1980s that they became a reality. Eventually,
they did churn out some .357s, but the .41s are a point of great debate. Some say
that short of prototypes, they were never offered to the public. Others allege that
a thousand or so .41s were produced from around 1981 to 1984. I have recently
been in touch with a couple of individuals who have blued .41s, so they do exist,
but are quite rare. In fact, in all my years of collecting single-actions, I've never
seen a .41 Magnum Dragoon.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews