Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hi from Bend!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shelt, Feb 28, 2010.

1. shelt

shelt Bend Member

Hey, I'm Will. Moved to Bend, Or about 2 years ago and began to renew my interest in guns.

I have a Marlin Model 60 .22 scoped and I am a newly proud owner of Walther P22.

I need to go pump a few rounds through the Walther so I can decide if I want to go for a P99 next but I can't find a shooting range around here anywhere.

Any ideas other than driving out to the Cossa range? (too far) Everyone tells me to go to a lot of "unofficial" public land sites but i don't want to get arrested or anything.

2. Ben Holloway

Ben Holloway Bend New Member

dude its bend, head out to the desert and let some rounds loose, we head out china hat, or out east on 20. You dont need a range out here

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to the forum Will!

4. quest23blue

quest23blue Creswell, Oregon Member

Welcome Will aka fellow gun nut! I mean enthusiast............................................

5. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Will.

6. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA:thumbup:

7. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome Aboard Will :thumbup:

8. shelt

shelt Bend Member

thanks! I hit up china hat yesterday. nice enough area but I came across a similar situation I often read about with that area. I was fine out there shooting into one of the buttes until some yahoos showed up with a dirt bike and thought it would be a good idea to stand on top of the butte while I shot into it. Didn't hang around long after that.

I guess I need to get a pickup so I can explore the other areas when one seems crowded. I think I was on coyote butte. It looked like the only one I would trust driving to in my hyundai.

9. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome will--ya - your best bet for range use is out 20,i'm in prineville and go out millican to about mile post 12 ,on east side of road there is a couple of differant turnoffs--blm prop. this is accessable off 20 about 12 miles out of bend--
    steven

10. shelt

shelt Bend Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I found that China Hat road has some spots really close to home, I just need to get a cheap pickup to explore the different areas when one is crowded.

11. Ben Holloway

Ben Holloway Bend New Member

yeah coyote is a bit of a cluster, a truck would be a good choice