JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess if there's a silver lining it's that the internet bill isn't likely to pass on it's own and definitely won't with this garbage attached to it

Just spent the better part of 30 minutes Emailing my senators and all the OR Congressmen and letting them know I do not support this amendment and if they want my Independent vote they should not support it either. It may not do anything by it's self but at least I am expressing my opinion to them in a positive way.
If everyone on NWFA took the time to do this it might make a slight impact. One thing is clear, doing nothing will result in the same, nothing..
My .02
Doc

If of the complainers would do just that, there would be a lot less attemots to try this crap, because after they clowns in DC (district of clowns) care about padding their own wallets and getting re-elected, they will sway which ever way they have to serve that interest.

“We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”
The trouble with the anti-gun nuts is that their idea of agreement is to give them what they want and nothing less.

Every one of those senators is from an anti-gun constituency, and all but Gilldebrand have a very long history of being absolute zealots on gun control. Putting in crap like this doesn't hurt them a bit, and actually cements their position somewhat with their core voters.

It's a pretty meaningless gesture anyway as no gun control bill has a hope in Hell of getting through the Senate, not to mention the much more pro-gun house.

Political theater by the usual suspects.

Don't ya just love it when feinswine tells us "subjects" whats good for us while she has one of the few concealed carry permits issued out of SF county? I wonder what her husband thinks bout this as he is supposed to have one of the larger gun collections in CA...
I vote we take all the supporters of this bill and drop them over in the sand box with the option of gun or no gun and if they make it back on their own (no assistance from troops, no cash or credit cards) they are required to vote in line with the decision they made when dropped... if their seat is still available ;)

This bill has no business in passing to begin with, let alone with awful amendments.

The original bill targets the 1st amendment, and this garbage targets the 2nd.

Just be vocal about it. Our government shouldn't be this retarded to pass this.

It will be interesting to see how Harry Reid votes on this. I think the NRA is going to get an overdue lesson on why they should'nt have given him the high rating during his re-election.
This is also the time for those who supported the likes of Patty Murray, Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkey etc, to see what that is going to cost us.

I don't think we are going to see another "sunset" provision built in to this bill.

Start a petition and I would sign.

File a grievance with the fed...
Redress of Grievances Lawsuit & Continental Congress 2009
...within an act of the 1774 Continental Congress regarding Petitioning for Redress of Grievances, the founding fathers said:
"If money is wanted by Rulers who have in any manner oppressed the People, [the People] may retain [their money] until their grievances are redressed, and thus peaceably procure relief, without trusting to despised petitions or disturbing the public tranquility."

National Strike / Citizen Action: Declarations of Grievances for July 4th, 2010
What follows is a complex document of such quality as is rarely seen in our modern era, written in the colonial language and style of our founding fathers, containing:
A brief recounting of our National heritage.
A Declaration of Grievances.
A list of Demands for Redress.
A list and plan of Political Actions if demands are not met.
A summation of the Power inherent of the American People.

Also... does this mean it has to be re approved by the senate? I mean, can you add to a law previously voted on w/o the original voters being given a chance to review it? This seems way to moronic to be the way our government works...

Perversely, it's exactly these types of efforts - while futile - that remind me that I have certain things missing from my collection or subconsciously I want to give them the finger by buying what they're fighting against (thus making the gun industry happier.)

It would be funny if somehow it came out that this was just some elaborate scheme between politicians and the gun industry to pump money into the economy and support local gun businesses. That the government's view on guns was the same as the priest's view on God and children in the Louis C.K. spoof on the Catholic Church (you can find it on YouTube.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top