JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i'VE LIVED IN WASHINGTON FOR ALL OF MY YOUTH UNTIL AGE 15 oope sorry for caps,,,,,...... Then left and went to utah for my majoritry then I've been back here since 2006... huntinmg every year. Deer EVEYWHERE until opening day, and after that dat NOT ONE DAMN DEER ANYWHERE! I bubblegumin HATE hunting here....

Of course there's me friends that tell me I have to leave my house to hunt..... And I thik they're bubblegums because the day before opening there's a fark ton of deer in my yard.... 19 hours later.... Not a soul to be found.......

i'VE LIVED IN WASHINGTON FOR ALL OF MY YOUTH UNTIL AGE 15 oope sorry for caps,,,,,...... Then left and went to utah for my majoritry then I've been back here since 2006... huntinmg every year. Deer EVEYWHERE until opening day, and after that dat NOT ONE DAMN DEER ANYWHERE! I bubblegumin HATE hunting here....

Of course there's me friends that tell me I have to leave my house to hunt..... And I thik they're bubblegums because the day before opening there's a fark ton of deer in my yard.... 19 hours later.... Not a soul to be found.......

This is my life... at least it was when I could still get out and hunt. I think the Fish N Fuzz sends out notices to the game telling them when the seasons start! (I do know they go out in an airplane to break up the elk herds. Thanx to those jerks that circle a herd just outside of city limits and decimate everything standing, leaving elk cows down to rot cuz it's bull season ya know!!!) :(:mad:

(Edit: Years ago, in a fenced field/pasture just outside of Ukiah OR, a group of 9-14 "hunters" slaughtered some 43 elk. I'd have to find the old article to get the numbers right, but it was not an OK thing.)

Last Edited:
I'd love to start hunting with someone. I've never done it, but own a 7mm-08 and 30-06. I've intended to get into hunting for 15+ years, but just haven't done it.

So, if you're looking for a local partner, I might be interested. I'm in Camas.

Yeah, those deer are geared to survive. I grew up in Pennsylvania until I was 21, then moved out here. I didn't have much interest in hunting back then but I remember how many deer there were, I would spend most of my free time just out trekking in the forest and would walk up on deer all the time, 50/50 chance of who saw who first. middle school and highschool it was a ghost town for a week for deer season. At least once a month someone you knew would hit a deer with their car. The did a turkey repopulation project in the 1970s i think so we had turkeys everywhere, you would be driving in to town and see 50 turkeys out foraging tree lines or fields. My mom had a coworker that hit a deer on her way to work at 7am and was so shaken up her husband had to come pick her up in his car, while he was driving her home they hit a 2nd deer, so both their cars were messed up. I had an uncle that hit a turkey, smashed grill, dented hood, cracked windshield, dented roof. Not a whole lot of deer here in the middle of Vancouver.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the forum and very new to shooting.

I'm hoping to go try for a deer this year.
Hoping to go for elk in the future.

Anyone local to Vancouver or even semi close to Vancouver looking to add another dude to their crew?

I need friends to help build my knowledge etc.

When and where shiuld I hunt in Washington? Should I be out scouting? I know there are apps but I feel like I will benefit from associating with some established hunters. Hopefully there are some people here that have the time or inclination to mentor in a new guy.

I'm 42 and not weird! I promise!

I saw the thread title and thought I'd share this proverb....

A wise sage in a mountain cave said:
Pals are pals, and friends are friends.... but buddies sleep together.

If you DO get a hunting buddy.... be the pitcher and NOT the catcher.

;):D

By the way, if you're born after 1/1/72, you will need to have passed a hunter safety course to hunt in WA. Out of state certificates are accepted. These have at least a partial instructer led portion and fill up fast.

Well, he wrote that he's 42.................................sooooooooo...............................................

Well, he wrote that he's 42.................................sooooooooo...............................................
Yes, caught that, but I wanted to put something out there for those also besides the OP that may read this and have the same hopes or question, but don't post.

Sadly, he's not looking for me, since I'm probably the least 'local' poster on this entire forum. That's 4873 miles, or 34,111 dog miles...... :cool:

1584122431842.png

Hey, I'm fairly new to the forum and very new to shooting.

I'm hoping to go try for a deer this year.
Hoping to go for elk in the future.

Anyone local to Vancouver or even semi close to Vancouver looking to add another dude to their crew?

I need friends to help build my knowledge etc.

When and where shiuld I hunt in Washington? Should I be out scouting? I know there are apps but I feel like I will benefit from associating with some established hunters. Hopefully there are some people here that have the time or inclination to mentor in a new guy.

I'm 42 and not weird! I promise!

There are a lot of great people up in that area that are active and shoot nearly every week. Sporting Systems and SafeFire are both top level dealers in Washington.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top