JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy F-ing hell, stopped in sportsmans this morning. Bloody hell!! $0.90 a round for 223/5.56!!! This is for just some basic 55gr fmjs. All of the other ammo prices have gone up again as well.

@Local Loader I have not actively been looking for powder and am reliant on what I have seen others post but my understanding is that powder has gone up substantially in cost at places like Sportsmans, in addition to primers seeing the same uptick. Hearing pounds of powder approaching $60/pound and primers above that. Again, I have not independently verified that as I am sitting pretty good still with my current supplies and only need a few things due to new calibers (500 S&W) has me light on LMPP.

@ORhutner it is true that prices have gone up but as someone who has been on the hunt for components in store & online. Sportsman's is the only retailer that I have seen charge more than $46 for powder per pound. For anything gun related they are the most expensive around, with the exception of primers but those are climbing up as well. Primers most places have unfortunately become more than $6 per 100. I know this sounds like I'm just bashing on sportsmans but it's just a sad truth. I've been looking for a new rifle too and I ended up getting it at a local gun shop cause it was $200 cheaper for the same gun than Sportsman's.
I do mean this in the most sincere way possible. For anyone looking for anything gun related check your local shops and smaller retailers for what you're looking for. It's worth the time and you can usually get it cheaper, even if it's a bit of travel to get it.

@ORhutner it is true that prices have gone up but as someone who has been on the hunt for components in store & online. Sportsman's is the only retailer that I have seen charge more than $46 for powder per pound. For anything gun related they are the most expensive around, with the exception of primers but those are climbing up as well. Primers most places have unfortunately become more than $6 per 100. I know this sounds like I'm just bashing on sportsmans but it's just a sad truth. I've been looking for a new rifle too and I ended up getting it at a local gun shop cause it was $200 cheaper for the same gun than Sportsman's.
I do mean this in the most sincere way possible. For anyone looking for anything gun related check your local shops and smaller retailers for what you're looking for. It's worth the time and you can usually get it cheaper, even if it's a bit of travel to get it.
I have never spent more than $40 per pound for reloading powder. Never. And that includes purchases within the past year for new containers of: Reloader 26; IMR 4895; Ramshot TAC; Accurate No. 9; Winchester 296; among others. Just keep your eyes peeled. Paying $90/pound would be downright stupid.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews