JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, you're reading that right...but it's okay, because the whole thing is unconstitutional so it cant be a real law...they can enact it all they want, and we can ignore it all we want. They cant fight us all.

You a member of the SCOTUS? How do you know it's "unconstitutional" until it is ruled so?
Not that I disagree with your assessment, just noting that it is not sure thing just because somebody on the internet says so. If this stinker passes into law, you'll have to abide by it until someone successfully challenges it and overturns it in the courts.

Take note everyone: The bill you are reading here MAY NOT be the bill they wind up debating in the Senate. That bill could have vastly different language, depending upon what amendments they hammer together and what provisions they remove to make it palatable.

This is a far point from the bill being passed.

You a member of the SCOTUS? How do you know it's "unconstitutional" until it is ruled so?
Not that I disagree with your assessment, just noting that it is not sure thing just because somebody on the internet says so. If this stinker passes into law, you'll have to abide by it until someone successfully challenges it and overturns it in the courts.

I know it's unconstitutional because "shall not be infringed" is right there in the text.

Mark my words, if they pass something making FTF illegal without a BGC, there will be a million or more criminals overnight and not enough agents to stop it.

Too many people are sick of it.

I know what you are saying about the ruling factor, but this stuff should not even be debatable. The constitution reads the way it does for a reason.

Like I've said 3 or 4 times this week already...all of it needs to be repealed back to pre-34 and folks need to be punished for crime rather than coddled.

And after it passes they can still change the heck out of it. I want a law saying they can only pass one law at a time.

The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is you never know if it's legit - Abraham Lincoln

The thing I see is that Obummer can then use an Executive Order to add whatever he wants once a law is in place.
Pass a law requiring universal background checks but saying nothing about keeping the records or database, then he just sings an EO requiring keeping the records, then another one setting up a database of all those records. Obummer has already said that any universal background check won't work unless there is registration and, since the legislature failed to add it I will!

The New 2nd Amendment?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed once they have had a background check, took a state approved concealed handgun license class, have been fingerprinted, have had an interview by local law enforcement, have passed a mental medical examine, paid any appropriate fees, registered their firearms and have had their home and or property examined for proper storage of firearms and ammunition.

The government has a right to put any rules and regulations they seem fit on your rights? Including mandatory background checks? Whats next?

Shall not be infringed...unless a law is passed.

Oh that's right....common sense laws, they're O.K.

I know we rightfully get ourselves all spun up on these issues. We love our Freedom and hate the people we now have in Government trying to take it away. Sometimes we end up getting tunnel vision as to what the enemy's real agenda actually is.

Remember it has been speculated that Fenistein was allowed her tantrum on an ARB and Magazine ban supposedly so people might feel placated by the Toomey/Manchin proposal, Now while we get upset over what we have seen they will continue to try and slip in phrases and rules to change and already stupid idea.

But in the end what do they really want? They will accept anything because to these tyrants it's all one step closer to more power over the people. My concern is to many of our cowardly Senators (and later Representatives) will loose focus and let something slip by in fear of not "caring about the children".

Right now we can't slack off. We need to keep e-mailing, phone calling and whatever to keep the pressure on. Here is where we vent, but it's the communication pressure that will stop it from happening.
Butch

Our present government no longer protects the Constitution, they have sold our country down the drain by not following the law starting with the bail out, not following the law that all previous congresses have gone by and have followed. Ms Pelosi panicked, and Obama had no idea to be president.We have now allowed illegal aliens influeincing our laws,they are illegal,but we have let this whole immigration policy run away with our laws and the poor Mexicans are pouring across our border. Wonder when we will give them the power to purchase guns? Our second amendment rights are being swept under the rug. What right will be next after they take our guns:huh:...Spad

If Schumer is for it, it has to be bad for gun owners.

I do not need to know anything else, somehow it will come back to bite us in the butt.

the 7-day transfer thing is really bad, think about it for a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top