JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Far too complex and long to figure out exactly how to hate this proposal.

My 1st impression: Hell no.
2nd impression: Why form the Commission to study mass violence?
3rd impression: Bill does NOT meet the stated goal of protecting 2nd Amendment rights.

I am hoping Pat Toomey did this to get the gun debate in a different direction other than ban and confiscate. Too early to tell what he is really thinking but if he turns out to be a traitor with the left then he is done as a republican like the other traitor republicans. We all understand the left traitors it just goes with the territory no excuses for Republicans.

In the first 30 seconds i see the point.... they dont care about safety.

They want to line the Antigun groups pockets with 100,000,000.00 yes ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR FOR 3 YEARS...

that is the point of the whole bill. Take your taxes and fund an antigun campaign, if they dont win what they want now, all they have to do is wait 3 years and they are 300 million dollars richer for the next attempted gun grab

This doesn't look good at all.....

Here's the highlights I take from it.....
1. (2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--
(A) bona fide gifts between spouses, between parents and their children, between siblings, or between grandparents and their grandchildren
(B) a transfer made from a decedent's estate, pursuant to a legal will or the operation of law
(C) a temporary transfer of possession that occurs between an unlicensed transferor and an unlicensed transferee, if
(i) the temporary transfer of possession occurs in the home or curtilage of the unlicensed transferor
(ii) the firearm is not removed from that home or curtilage during the temporary transfer; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(iii) the transfer has a duration of less than 7 days

2. SEC. 123. LOST AND STOLEN REPORTING.
(a) In General- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end-- (aa) It shall be unlawful for any person who lawfully possesses or owns a firearm that has been shipped or transported in, or has been possessed in or affecting, interstate or foreign commerce, to fail to report the theft or loss of the firearm, within 24 hours after the person discovers the theft or loss, to the Attorney General and to the appropriate local authorities.
(b) Penalty- Section 924(a)(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraph (B) and inserting the following
(B) knowingly violates subsection (a)(4), (f), (k), (q), or (aa) of section 922

I don't need to know much more.

(a) In General- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end-- (aa) It shall be unlawful for any person who lawfully possesses or owns a firearm that has been shipped or transported in, or has been possessed in or affecting, interstate or foreign commerce, to fail to report the theft or loss of the firearm, within 24 hours after the person discovers the theft or loss, to the Attorney General and to the appropriate local authorities.
(b) Penalty- Section 924(a)(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraph (B) and inserting the following

Where did you find this section at? I don't see that as section 123 from the link I clicked above.

I just gave it a quick readthru but here's what I see. This thing does suck overall. Allows private FTF in same State, no NICS required, exempts family members from NICS check, allows gun show dealers to accept home states CCW premits in lieu of NICS check, blah, blah, blah. Overall it takes away alot. Bypasses Hippa laws and offers protection to medical professionals who give up the info. Trys to fix NYC airport gun transport nightmare, but only list firearms and ammunition, does not address over 10 round magazines in the paragraph so you could still be grabbed on that.

I have other things to do and will read it in depth tomorrow. This thing as the foundation will be DOA probably in a Senate vote without major modifactions or ammendments is my guess. -G

Where did you find this section at? I don't see that as section 123 from the link I clicked above.

I just gave it a quick readthru but here's what I see. This thing does suck overall. Allows private FTF in same State, no NICS required, exempts family members from NICS check, allows gun show dealers to accept home states CCW premits in lieu of NICS check, blah, blah, blah. Overall it takes away alot. Bypasses Hippa laws and offers protection to medical professionals who give up the info. Trys to fix NYC airport gun transport nightmare, but only list firearms and ammunition, does not address over 10 round magazines in the paragraph so you could still be grabbed on that.

I have other things to do and will read it in depth tomorrow. This thing as the foundation will be DOA probably in a Senate vote without major modifactions or ammendments is my guess. -G

Text of S.649 as Placed on Calendar Senate: Center to Advance, Monitor, and Preserve University Security Safety... OpenCongress

I found it at opencongress.org

(A) bona fide gifts between spouses, between parents and their children, between siblings, or between grandparents and their grandchildren
(B) a transfer made from a decedent's estate, pursuant to a legal will or the operation of law
(C) a temporary transfer of possession that occurs between an unlicensed transferor and an unlicensed transferee, if
(i) the temporary transfer of possession occurs in the home or curtilage of the unlicensed transferor
(ii) the firearm is not removed from that home or curtilage during the temporary transfer; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

So the transfer language has been changed with the amendment and transfer is not defined as broadly. The lost and stolen language is still the same.

Check the link at the top of this column and click that. The link you are posting and referring to is the original Chuck Schumer bill. The link above is the text for the amendment (Tommey - Manchon) version to that bill S. 649 that just was published today which would supercede or ammend that language. I have not done the tie-in line for line from original to amendment and I wont. Have a life to live and enjoy. This thing will be amended and butchered along the way. We will all have to wait to see what the final bill is and all the riders (ammendments) that survive to ride along to a vote. My advice, go outside and play. I am! -G

I think you guys may be looking a two different pieces of proposed legislation. Harry Reids and Toomeys. I could be wrong.......

(B) a transfer made from a decedent’s estate, pursuant to a legal will or the operation of law

Am I reading this right?

When my friend goes on vacation for 2 weeks, I cant store his firearms in my safe without a background check?

Yeah, you're reading that right...but it's okay, because the whole thing is unconstitutional so it cant be a real law...they can enact it all they want, and we can ignore it all we want. They cant fight us all.

I thought there was to be something about concealed carry permits being recognized by all states, I see nothing in the bill about that

I thought there was to be something about concealed carry permits being recognized by all states, I see nothing in the bill about that

Why would you even think that there was anything GOOD in here...it's all about making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to exercise their rights, at the same time doing absolutely nothing about criminals who disregard laws anyway.

I didn't even get to reading the proposed law and already call it a bunch of bull crap. Here is where I stopped reading it....

"To protect Second Amendment rights, ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and provide a responsible and consistent background check process."

Register the whole freaking country? Prohibited on one list and the accepted on the other? Maybe a undecided list until the people are ran through?

Pure bull crap has nothing to do with Our 2nd Amendment God given rights!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top