JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never had any cycling issues, or any type of malfunctions for that matter. I'm interested in a muzzle device but there are so many that I dont know where to start. Comp, brake, or a combination of them? I know rainier arms makes a few good combination brake/comp/hiders. Any other companies I should look into?

Yes that is a set-up I use on a carbine length gas system with a properly sized gasport. For what you want to accomplish you need to experiment with different weight buffers and you also need to understand what is happening when you are making changes. To sum this up without turning this into a mile long discussion, buy some cheap "known" low power ammo like pmc bronze. Start with a H2 and shoot a few mags and see if the bolt locks back after the last round. If it does, you could go heavier or stay the same. If it doesn't then you need to ho lighter (H). Basically you are trying to slow the cycling rate down enough to "soften" recoil without causing malfunction. Also anyone who thinks there isn't a difference between using a carbine weight buffer and a H2 on a rifle that is overgassed is wrong.

Bravo Company, Rainier Arms, Surplus Ammo, Arms all stock buffers. Both comps have fair flash suppression, but are designed more as a brake then a flash hider. I'm sure you could find some night videos on youtube.

Comps/brakes will reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil but and will send more noise back and to the sides. Built many AR's I would start with a good stock with a rubber pad on it, h or h2 buffer and if you don't mind the increase of blast back and to the sides put a brake comp on it. I would do one at a time to see how it shoots.

I have a magpul fixed carbine stock on it already, I'm going to add the upgraded rubber pad to it also. Then I'm going to add either the xtc or the fsc556; both look pretty comparable. Lastly I will deal with buffers, I don't want to fix something that isn't broke.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top