JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks I'm wondering if you could help me figure out how much this shotgun i have is worth. I've tried looking on different sites but see a wide range of prices. I also can't figure out what year it was made. Thanks in advance

E8E0D828-EE80-4112-9EE0-C1FB0015E3F9.jpeg 4EF3B047-FDF9-4E42-9DF7-A25CFB5480D5.jpeg CDB0C929-8480-49FD-A354-2F8618340207.jpeg 15F983CA-FE52-43F9-B072-361D99D310B7.jpeg 85610155-B908-4DAE-8C90-8BAB9567C9BF.jpeg

Hey MG - I'll take a shot at it. Made in 1970 and appears to be in exceptional condition for a 50 year old shotgun; barely used. The good: They were invented by John Moses Browning and are literally works of art. They are a mechanical masterpiece and just totally cool. They were first and foremost hunting guns, but one like yours, with a fixed Improved Cylinder choke, makes an acceptable skeet gun. Actually a pretty cool and fun skeet gun, as well as a bird gun. The bad: They are like a 35mm film camera. No matter how high end, and expensive, and well engineered and well built your mid-70s Nikon or Leica is, nobody wants to buy it anymore. They had their time, which has now passed. Same with sweet old Browning long recoil Auto 5s. There are several hundred of them at any given time on gunbroker. Almost all with zero bids. Which is too bad, because when I was a kid, "rich guys" had Browning shotguns. That could be a $1K shotgun to the right buyer (old guy that always wanted one) because it checks all the right boxes - not a magnum, so it will cycle light loads: check. Great shape: check. Improved Cylinder choke: check. Belgium: check. I think $700 or $800 would be a more realistic goal were you to try to sell it.

Hey MG - I'll take a shot at it. Made in 1970 and appears to be in exceptional condition for a 50 year old shotgun; barely used. The good: They were invented by John Moses Browning and are literally works of art. They are a mechanical masterpiece and just totally cool. They were first and foremost hunting guns, but one like yours, with a fixed Improved Cylinder choke, makes an acceptable skeet gun. Actually a pretty cool and fun skeet gun, as well as a bird gun. The bad: They are like a 35mm film camera. No matter how high end, and expensive, and well engineered and well built your mid-70s Nikon or Leica is, nobody wants to buy it anymore. They had their time, which has now passed. Same with sweet old Browning long recoil Auto 5s. There are several hundred of them at any given time on gunbroker. Almost all with zero bids. Which is too bad, because when I was a kid, "rich guys" had Browning shotguns. That could be a $1K shotgun to the right buyer (old guy that always wanted one) because it checks all the right boxes - not a magnum, so it will cycle light loads: check. Great shape: check. Improved Cylinder choke: check. Belgium: check. I think $700 or $800 would be a more realistic goal were you to try to sell it.
Thanks so much! I appreciate it

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads