JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I can read. Just cant spell worth a damn and was never great at grammar. I will go and do something it just isint going to but what I had hoped apparently. It is what it is and what it is always going to be. It seems that no amount of water can wash this spot out but more likely turn the green one red. Something like that.

No I don't. I'm slow but I'm not dumb. And I don't have a chip. I'm just tired and angry of always being stuck in the same place no matter how hard I try to get out. Its like being stuck in a ant lion pit. Guess I'm just gonna have to find a different way out. And I never used or sold anything white. Dosint mean a damn thing though. Just me justifying it to my self. Thanks for the help folks. Sorry if I was rude or aggressive to you chemist. Maybe your right and I do have allitle bit of a chip on my shoulder. Got told I was trash and that I was my father enough times that I belived it for a while. I just wanted to become somthing bigger than my self. Try and do some good.

Thanks for your time folks

If what you want to do is become a G-man, then don't give up. Following this thread, and reading the little you posted about your youthful indiscretions, you might want to look into the military, especially if you are still young enough. A career in the military will instill values that are sought after by both civilian companies and law enforcement agencies. If you take it seriously a career in the military will also help you grow as a person to leave your past life where you want it to be...in the past. One benefit to the military are the educational benefits, ie, tuition assistance. No matter what method you use to further you education, your verbal and written communication should improve.

Don't think I'm trying to push you towards a military career, it's just one option, and it's not everyone's cup of tea. A career in the military takes discipline and dedication; although, so does a career in law enforcement. Choose wisely, research your options, and don't jump into anything blindly. One other piece of advice...if you have the ability, contact your local FBI field office and request recruitment information, or ask if anyone is available to discuss your options...it can't hurt to try.

I hear where you are coming from Mikey! Listen, if the FBI enrollment process snubs you, so what? Plenty of other ways to "do good and better yourself". My wife and I both went back to school and it is tough to do it with full time jobs and 3 kids. My goals are pretty high and I know there is a big chance I might get to a point where I can't do it anymore. The way I see it, If I can walk away with some sort of degree (associate of bachelor) I did a good thing for my family and I. Regardless if I did not meet my career goal I will still be better off.

Good for you!

+1 on the military. If I would have gotten this 'motivation' earlier in life I would have probably joined. I just can't see myself leaving my kids.

Thank you for the heads up. My past is no where near spotless. I have used and sold drugs. Been part of several thefts and poaching and so on and so forth. Never been caught but I will not lie about it. It was just the way of life growing up. No excuses it was still wrong. But when your only chance to buy grocery's is to sell a little pot you do what you have to do. Guess a little bit of a troubled youth really does carry into adult hood doesn't it?

Jut like that eh? Even if I don't have any of this on a criminal record? That's seriously rough man. Just because your raised a certain way your automatically out. Awesome................

You disqualified yourself with the above two posts. The FBI will figure all of this out while they are processing your background. You just posted it here....

Selling drugs is a disqualifier for Federal, City, County, State, MIL...pretty much anything within the DoD and DoJ.

It is not trivial Mikey. It is what you call an education which is what you need to get into the FBI or anywhere else

If I recall correctly, the CIA does not require a degree - the CIA does require verifiable related experience.

However, the CIA will not ignore the above.

Sorry in advance for this little crack but it has to be said and I dont mean it all that much. I am joking like 85%.

If you really want to be a GD fed, then maybe with you and your families criminal past the ATF would be a better fit;).

They will not accept you due to your immediate family's criminal history. Also you will be denied through the poly and personal investigation due to your shenanigans of your youth. Believe it or not they are big on grammar too even though you think its ok on a board like this, they will be wanting an individual that will be spot on absolutely anywhere. I am telling you this so you do not waste your time or get your hopes up.

Another user mentioned the Dakotas. If you are serious on getting out and a hard worker, there is some serious money to be had there.

Thank you for the heads up. My past is no where near spotless. I have used and sold drugs. Been part of several thefts and poaching and so on and so forth. Never been caught but I will not lie about it. It was just the way of life growing up. No excuses it was still wrong. But when your only chance to buy grocery's is to sell a little pot you do what you have to do. Guess a little bit of a troubled youth really does carry into adult hood doesn't it?

Yea, I think you should have mentioned that a little earlier. Your way past worrying about tattoos. The FBI is not in your future as a career. Selling drugs is more than a little bit of trouble in your youth. It shows a bad decision making process. You can not make me, or the feds believe selling drugs was the only way you could eat... That being said, you can still go on to make yourself and this world a better place. You need to start by being honest with yourself, and set a course for something that is realistic for you. Like politics.

If what you want to do is become a G-man, then don't give up. Following this thread, and reading the little you posted about your youthful indiscretions, you might want to look into the military, especially if you are still young enough. A career in the military will instill values that are sought after by both civilian companies and law enforcement agencies. If you take it seriously a career in the military will also help you grow as a person to leave your past life where you want it to be...in the past. One benefit to the military are the educational benefits, ie, tuition assistance. No matter what method you use to further you education, your verbal and written communication should improve.

Don't think I'm trying to push you towards a military career, it's just one option, and it's not everyone's cup of tea. A career in the military takes discipline and dedication; although, so does a career in law enforcement. Choose wisely, research your options, and don't jump into anything blindly. One other piece of advice...if you have the ability, contact your local FBI field office and request recruitment information, or ask if anyone is available to discuss your options...it can't hurt to try.

I believe the military would be a great option for him, even better if he joins after having earned a degree. At the very least it will open doors that are not open to him now.

I believe the military would be a great option for him, even better if he joins after having earned a degree. At the very least it will open doors that are not open to him now.

The military may be the better option. The one thing to keep in mind are the options available. If you want to fully immerse yourself and go into active duty service you have 5 options...Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard. If you want the educational benefits, but don't want to be active duty the reserves may be something doable, and you can add the National Guard into the mix.

The question I have you Mikey right now...how old are you? Unfortunately age does play a factor for eligibility issues whether you try for a law enforcement career or look at military service.

I am friends with a guy who has been a federal agent for the last four years or so. From what he said were near disqualifications for him, I would give you a 1% success rate at joining the FBI.

Being fluent in English (Speaking, writing, etc) is very important. Typing like you are in middle school will get your application thrown out before they even review you.

Next up, your attitude. You are easily angered, even by people you have never met over the internet. If you are so easy to rile up in a non-critical situation, you will be a lit fuse on a stick of dynamite if something serious happens.

Last up... If you aren't sure about a tattoo, don't get it. Period. You brought up that you wanted it on your forearm, which unless you ran out of room on the rest of your arms, it is something that you want so other people can see that you have tattoos. You are interested in displaying yourself as a badass, which explains the desire to want to be an agent.

Watch the movie "Harsh Times". Perhaps that will enlighten you a bit.

You brought up that you wanted it on your forearm, which unless you ran out of room on the rest of your arms, it is something that you want so other people can see that you have tattoos. You are interested in displaying yourself as a badass, which explains the desire to want to be an agent.

I wasn't going to say anything on this thread until you decided to personally categorize and stereotypically label people who have tattoos in places that they can be seen as attention seeking badasses. It is very obvious that you are one of those people that judge other people for their looks and you know absolutely zip about what each individuals reason or reasons may be for getting a tattoo or tattoos and placing them in certain areas.

One of my brother-in-laws is an undercover DEA agent. He thinks he is a badass too. But, since he is ex-special Forces and has done things for this country that you and I will never know about, I tend to think he is a badass as well. He also has tattoos where you can see them and a Masters degree in psychology to boot. He thinks it's really cool to be a Fed. He loves going through the airport and taking his gun with him. He's like a big kid. Pretty much everyone he works with is just like him.

You brought up that you wanted it on your forearm, which unless you ran out of room on the rest of your arms, it is something that you want so other people can see that you have tattoos. You are interested in displaying yourself as a badass, which explains the desire to want to be an agent.

I wasn't going to say anything on this thread until you decided to personally categorize and stereotypically label people who have tattoos in places that they can be seen as attention seeking badasses. It is very obvious that you are one of those people that judge other people for their looks and you know absolutely zip about what each individuals reason or reasons may be for getting a tattoo or tattoos and placing them in certain areas.

One of my brother-in-laws is an undercover DEA agent. He thinks he is a badass too. But, since he is ex-special Forces and has done things for this country that you and I will never know about, I tend to think he is a badass as well. He also has tattoos where you can see them and a Masters degree in psychology to boot. He thinks it's really cool to be a Fed. He loves going through the airport and taking his gun with him. He's like a big kid. Pretty much everyone he works with is just like him.

I'm not judging people with tattoos. I have tons of them (around 22 hours worth).

However, when somebody gets that first tattoo and places it openly on their forearm, it's because they want the attention it brings. It could be any tattoo there, as long as it's visible and in the open.

Again, if your first tattoo is on your forearm, the only thing it says to people is "Hey, look at me, I'm a badass because I have a tattoo. Look at it!". Unless you are out of room for ink up the rest of your arm, it's nothing but wanting attention.

The only difference between having a dolphin, or say "USMC" or "101st Airborne" on your forearms, is that government employers will overlook ink that displays military service.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads