JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Easy, forget the tattoo on the forearm and just get it on your shoulder. Make sure it's nothing offensive or gang related (they will find out) Forget the lower leg tattoo all together, you'll regret that later anyway FBI or not.

Good Luck!

Somebody as thin skinned as you are should think twice about getting a tattoo.

Bubba you don't know the first thing about me. Good for you for making a clever little comment but again I came here for some help with a question and if you don't have anything constructive to say leave it be. You at least came up with something fairly clever to say but it still digressed from the point of this thread and contributed nothing positive.

Thanks for you time I suppose and I hope you have a great day.

Easy, forget the tattoo on the forearm and just get it on your shoulder. Make sure it's nothing offensive or gang related (they will find out) Forget the lower leg tattoo all together, you'll regret that later anyway FBI or not.

Good Luck!

I think I will take your advise. Now that Coastal Steelheader brought it up I am curious how my immediate family's criminal backgrounds will effect my chances. I never gave it much thought until now.

Wow there's a bit of passive and agressive agresiveness on this board. I went through the recruitment process for the FBI after high school and college because they asked me to. The FBI is always looking for analysts and accountants. There are far more data mining positions than field positions. Everybody wants to be Special agent blah blah blah but in actuality you're more likely to get into the bereau as an analyst (hence their recruitment of me due to my finance/accounting background). When you apply they'll ask you for a list of referrences with clean records so this is where you choose wisely. As for your family, i am hoping the drug addled and pistol packing maniacs are your relatives rather than your immediate family. The farther the distance the better. In the end, who really cares because it comes down to what you have to offer skillset wise and just don't get MS13 tatted anywhere on your body and no neck tattoes because that's just tacky.

I agree no neck tattoos. He wasint a maniac just very very confused. Most of that was in reference to my father. Soooo yeah. Pretty immediate, although we've never really lived together. My mother is no better she just never really got caught. Always blamed it on my dad and he was dumb enough to keep taking the heat for her. Oh well. Dis-functional mother******* anyway.

Bubba you don't know the first thing about me. Good for you for making a clever little comment but again I came here for some help with a question and if you don't have anything constructive to say leave it be. You at least came up with something fairly clever to say but it still digressed from the point of this thread and contributed nothing positive.

Thanks for you time I suppose and I hope you have a great day.

Now I know you have a sense of humor.

I think the real question is, why would you want to get a tattoo if you want to be an FBI agent. I could understand if you already had one and were concerned about being disqualified for it. A tattoo is a totally unnecessary form of PERMANENT expression. Why don't you just wait to get your tattoo after you try out for the FBI? Why do you need to get a tattoo now? What are your priorities?

Just say'in...

And you have a nice day, and good luck with your endeavors!;)

I agree I'm just gonna have to wait and see. I don't need one now its just something I wish to do for several reasons. This career would be the priority so I will just hurry up and wait. I was just trying to get my ducks in a row before I went ahead and got one and totally boned my self for the future.

Tats are always stupid. They can get you Hep C (which can lay dormant for 20 years and then eat your liver) and your body SCREAMS I HATE YOU in big red outlines at every new tat. You are inflicting potentially lethal wounds on your own body. Ignore these facts at your own peril

I think I will take your advise. Now that Coastal Steelheader brought it up I am curious how my immediate family's criminal backgrounds will effect my chances. I never gave it much thought until now.

Their background can have an effect on your elidgability. That does not mean it will. The background process is extensive - nearly everyone that you know will be interviewed. I have a buddy that recently graduated from Quantico and has taken his first assignment in AZ. He has a degree in mathmatics. One day, he was bored with being an accountant or some such thing and he decided that he would give the FBI a whirl. Now he is a G-Man.

At any rate, I would wait until you make it through the process before you start coloring on yourself. Similar to MEPS, everything on you will be documented along with the meaning behind it.

I can't believe all the people here who'll jump up to defend "Mikey" when he calls somebody a "dick" just for stating an obvious truth.
What ever happened to tough love?

Mikey, you don't even have a tat yet, so why on God's green earth would you consider getting one now, if you really wanted to maximize your chances of getting into the FBI?

Your time, money, and focus could be far better invested in learning how to write and spell, so that you can at least sound like an adult. Your communication skill is poor, and it's in no way insignificant to realizing your career path.

Look in the mirror. What the world sees is what matters, not what you think it should see.

I wan't to try and help out and do some good.
I am going to start earning my degree in the fall
I have no criminal record, I can pass a poly, and I hope to god I can pass Psych evals.
I do have close family that has criminal records but have not been in trouble with the law in several years.

That's not a disqulifier is it?

It can be depending on the agency. As a matter of fact I'd say its highly likely in regards to agencies like the FBI and the Secret Service. I'm not sure if the bar drops a little in regards to the other Federal agencies.

All I can really say is that a few years ago I went back to school and had this dream of being a WSP Trooper. I busted my butt, got straight A's (for the most part), got myself in fantastic shape and actually got into the interview process. I had one brush with the law as a 17 year old - which didn't disqualify me, but I also got away with many things that I never came close to being busted for. Unfortunately that is what skrewed me. During the pre interview for the polygraph test I admitted to past drug use, drunk driving, theft (mostly beer grabs as a teen, but I also assisted in stealing/joyriding a truck when I was 15), poaching ( yep I was a snagger who used to fish out of season or in closed waters) and other things that I won't go into here. I admitted to these things because I knew that there was no way I could beat the polygraph, and because I believed that being truthful was the best policy. I also believed that since my outlaw days were far behind me, and I'd been a good little boy since the age of 21 that they would take this under consideration. Wrong.

Anyway the drug use as a teen buried me. I smoked more than five times and also admitted to using mushrooms once. Keep in mind this was just to be a state trooper, so you can bet that the FBI is going to be even more stringent.

Unless your past is damn near spotless in thought, deed, and word then there isn't much point in following through with this dream IMO

I don't care what the world sees. It sees some poor kid who got into to many fighst and was gonna "turn out to be just like his father". I cant tell you how many times that has been shoved down my throat. I am trying to better my self and shrug off how I grew up and some of the things I had to do to survive. The world sees where I was and what I had to do. I want to contribute to the world and if they wish to view me as my father or as my upbringing let them. I'm sorry if I cant spell that well, never been able to get the hang of it. Never really practiced ether because that only mattered for a few months until my tweaker mom stop caring about something else. Only reoccurring theme with her was hitting me for being like my father so I stopped caring so much about spelling. So why should I look in the mirror and expect the world to see what I see? I shouldn't and I don't. I am not so foolish as to presume others will understand. So I value what I see over what the world sees right now.

At this time I just wish the squad of Grammar Nazi's on this forum would get off my back.

You know nothing of me or my situation. I am struggling to become something more than what I was ever told I could become growing up. I am trying to become something more than all the petty tweakers I grew up with. All I wanted to do with this thread is get some information so I did not make a mistake. I do wish to maximize my chances that is why I asked the question and found an answer BEFORE I did it. If it was not going to hurt my chances I was going to do it. But since the locations I had planned on are a no go I will not.

Thank you for your time and I'm sure you think you contributed something so I will thank you for your contributions as well.

It can be depending on the agency. As a matter of fact I'd say its highly likely in regards to agencies like the FBI and the Secret Service. I'm not sure if the bar drops a little in regards to the other Federal agencies.

All I can really say is that a few years ago I went back to school and had this dream of being a WSP Trooper. I busted my butt, got straight A's (for the most part), got myself in fantastic shape and actually got into the interview process. I had one brush with the law as a 17 year old - which didn't disqualify me, but I also got away with many things that I never came close to being busted for. Unfortunately that is what skrewed me. During the pre interview for the polygraph test I admitted to past drug use, drunk driving, theft (mostly beer grabs as a teen, but I also assisted in stealing/joyriding a truck when I was 15), poaching ( yep I was a snagger who used to fish out of season or in closed waters) and other things that I won't go into here. I admitted to these things because I knew that there was no way I could beat the polygraph, and because I believed that being truthful was the best policy. I also believed that since my outlaw days were far behind me, and I'd been a good little boy since the age of 21 that they would take this under consideration. Wrong.

Anyway the drug use as a teen buried me. I smoked more than five times and also admitted to using mushrooms once. Keep in mind this was just to be a state trooper, so you can bet that the FBI is going to be even more stringent.

Unless your past is damn near spotless in thought, deed, and word then there isn't much point in following through with this dream IMO

Thank you for the heads up. My past is no where near spotless. I have used and sold drugs. Been part of several thefts and poaching and so on and so forth. Never been caught but I will not lie about it. It was just the way of life growing up. No excuses it was still wrong. But when your only chance to buy grocery's is to sell a little pot you do what you have to do. Guess a little bit of a troubled youth really does carry into adult hood doesn't it?

Thank you for the heads up. My past is no where near spotless. I have used and sold drugs. Been part of several thefts and poaching and so on and so forth. Never been caught but I will not lie about it. It was just the way of life growing up. No excuses it was still wrong. But when your only chance to buy grocery's is to sell a little pot you do what you have to do. Guess a little bit of a troubled youth really does carry into adult hood doesn't it?

Yeah you're not going to get in. Might as well get your tats and look into a different career to raise your station in life..

Yeah you're not going to get in. Might as well get your tats and look into a different career to raise your station in life..

Jut like that eh? Even if I don't have any of this on a criminal record? That's seriously rough man. Just because your raised a certain way your automatically out. Awesome................

Mikey, you have a chip on your shoulder, and that alone makes you a scary prospect as a LEO.

Do you really think that with all the candidates the Federal LE agencies have to choose from, they'd take a chance on somebody who freely admits that he has "used and sold drugs?"

Readjust your sights - start smaller - and start caring about what other people see in you. You don't get to dictate terms to the world.

I wan't to try and help out and do some good.
I am going to start earning my degree in the fall
I have no criminal record, I can pass a poly, and I hope to god I can pass Psych evals.
I do have close family that has criminal records but have not been in trouble with the law in several years.

That's not a disqulifier is it?

I lol'ed.

No I don't. I'm slow but I'm not dumb. And I don't have a chip. I'm just tired and angry of always being stuck in the same place no matter how hard I try to get out. Its like being stuck in a ant lion pit. Guess I'm just gonna have to find a different way out. And I never used or sold anything white. Dosint mean a damn thing though. Just me justifying it to my self. Thanks for the help folks. Sorry if I was rude or aggressive to you chemist. Maybe your right and I do have allitle bit of a chip on my shoulder. Got told I was trash and that I was my father enough times that I belived it for a while. I just wanted to become somthing bigger than my self. Try and do some good.

Thanks for your time folks

Don't be a dick man. If you don't have anything to contribute leave it be. I am sorry you have some personal vendetta against spelling and grammar errors but it does not mean you have to mess me with when I am just asking for a little help. I know that I am not very good at it and I'm not gonna spend unnecessary time fixing every little mistake just to post it on a forum. It does not make your day any harder and if you have that much of a problem with it, don't read my posts. I don't want to sound to much like a jackass but going out of your way to mess with me about something as trivial as this is a little ridiculous my friend. I'm sorry that my lack of refinement while writing this post bothered you so much. My humblest apology.
Thank you Gentlemen for your time and your answers.
It is not trivial Mikey. It is what you call an education which is what you need to get into the FBI or anywhere else

No I don't. I'm slow but I'm not dumb. And I don't have a chip. I'm just tired and angry of always being stuck in the same place no matter how hard I try to get out. Its like being stuck in a ant lion pit. Guess I'm just gonna have to find a different way out. And I never used or sold anything white. Dosint mean a damn thing though. Just me justifying it to my self. Thanks for the help folks. Sorry if I was rude or aggressive to you chemist. Maybe your right and I do have allitle bit of a chip on my shoulder. Got told I was trash and that I was my father enough times that I belived it for a while. I just wanted to become somthing bigger than my self. Try and do some good.

Thanks for your time folks
I can relate to that! GET OUT! get away from anyone who says you "are your father" if you can get into the Navy buckle down and go. Go to North Dakota and work in the gas patch. See what I'm saying?
Read, read anything! comics, labels on cereal boxes, work at it. You sound like you have a spark buddy. Do not ever believe you are "trash" as long as you are ready to try!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads