JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a S&W M&P sport II and a colt expanse. I do not yet have a Ruger AR556, but have fondled them many times. The finish is better on the Ruger and S&W. Tge colt has the standard finish. I could care less that Colt farmed it out. Big deal. It looks just like my pre Remington Bushmaster. Works superbly as well. It also has a full auto bolt, that the other two don't. Deal sunnier or breaker, nope. The 6920 has the m4 profile barrel that I don't like, so that "was" a deal breaker for me. My bushy has that barrel, didn't want more. Get which ever one speaks to you when you look or touch it. I don't believe that you will go wrong with any of the three. Ignore the type or name boys. They will insist they are all junk. They are not.

I've seen Arma lite come out with a comparable are under a name with the word "eagle" in it. This rifle was at nwarmory and sportsmans warehouse for around the $600 mark or less. This one to me was at better build than the m&p sport 2. Out of the 3 you mentioned I would lean favorably toward the ruger.

Thanks for everything guys. All of your recommendations were mulled over all month. I had to go with the S&W M&P15 Sport II. Thanks to NW Armory for the great deal and thank you NWFA for all of your input! See yall at the range!

20170131_145651_001.jpg screenshot windows

Good choice. The only other option that I might have considered is the new Savage MSR 15 Patrol rifle. I like the 5R rifled melonite barrel and 1 in 8" twist rate. At the local shop they are priced right with the Sport II and Ruger AR556. If I didn't already have an original Sport and a Stag Model 6, I would grab one of those new Savages.

Also while I'm asking. I've never bought a fire arm off of the Internet. What do I need to do on my end to ensure a smooth and fast shipping and pick up? Both the completed upper and lower are ffl items correct? If I buy mags as well or other addons will I just be picking up a bunch of packages from The gun store? I'm assuming I contact my local shop and inform them of a transfer coming in, do I need any info from them or give them any other info or is that a vendor to vendor deal?
I buy from GunBroker.com all the time. I choose my FFL ahead of time, telling them to expect a shipment on my behalf. Then when I buy from the vendor, I simply settle the invoice and give them the FFL's contact info. It's very easy - - in most cases, I will send an email to the vendor and cc- the FFL, after which the two can exchange info, etc.

Also, you may only need to send the lower to the FFL = the upper may be shipped directly to you depending on the part of course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top