JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm building an amd-65 kit. The kit came with the original barrel. The barrel had a tapco extended muzzle brake installed with a pin going through the bottom into the barrel. I assume this was to acheve length so it was not a SBR. I drilled out the pin and replaced the brake with the ak-builder amd extended brake. If I drill the brake and pin it on the way the tapco brake was, is that considered permanent? Am I going to run into any legality problems? I really don't want to have to weld it to the front sight. I'ld like it to look as clean as possible. Any ideas, has anybody out there delt with this issue?

If you blind pin the AK-builder brake one, you should be good to go, you could also tack weld it on from the bottom and clean it up, high temp silver solder will also make it permanent.

Remember beside the 16inch barrel, you also need 6 US parts for 922.

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to
the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of
attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver
soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over.
Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod
into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the
furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and
measured.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top