Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Help me out with picking a CAR stock?

Reactions
Well, it's Decision Time on ordering a stock for the C8 build, and I need some input from the Wisdom of the Crowd. M&A Parts has the basic CAR they've offered for years for around US$25. Retro Rifles offers what appears to be the same molding in an OD Green that they claim to be Canadian clone spec (I doubt it, they also try to pass off Olive Drab triangle handguards as "Canadian") for $25, and Brownells just introduced a new clone engineered by B5 Systems (one of the two US Government-approved SOPMOD stock contractors) for $40. Three different options, different pros and cons.

M&A:
Pro - Better sticker price, generally better comms. Black color would ensure more consistent matching when Cerakoted with rest of furniture set.
Con - Older tooling, may not be as precise a clone as more modern reverse-engineering technology. Vendor NEVER offers any kind of sales or discounts.

Retro Rifles:
Pro - Price. Already a shade of green.
Con - Unreliable product description. Possible skeevy misleading product descriptions. Utter lack of response to communications. As with M&A, once shipping is added near price-parity with Brownells on Free Shipping Day.

Brownells:
Pro - Freshly re-engineered by a leading shop. Known reliable vendor. What Brownells has chosen for their clone CAR-15s.
Con - Almost twice the price. Coupon codes usually just enough to cancel out WA sales tax, if not just under, and give free shipping.

Any thoughts to add to the Pros and Cons? Or just opinions about if YOU had a build for your S.O. that required a CAR stock, which one would you use?

turq

Reactions
Vsevenweaponsystem.

Lots of top products, the buffer tube I like is the 7015 aluminum with rolled threads (I think)
May have been just rolled tube.

Reactions
Brownells for sure.

There's some serious characters in the retro game- and not in a good way

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online