JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this in a box with a bunch of reloading stuff that I got from an estate sale. Is it a barrel wrench? Any specifics?

th_DSCN0172_zpsko8nwbcg.jpg

My first thought is its a gunsmith made barrel/receiver wrench.. Could very well be an older factory made tool but I get the feeling its a tool made by the man who was going to be using it.

Now THAT'S a rare and important piece of history you got there.....it's a prototype Bubba Clamp !!

According to Wankerpedia;
"Hillary had it made to try and prevent Bill from causing any new "Bimbo Eruptions" during her first Presidential run, but like everything thing else she has ever been involved in...it was ineffective and cost too much. It seems that no matter how tight it was made, all the test subjects had to do was take a short peek at a picture of a female Democrat politician and the device would become loose and fall to the floor.
The "inside the beltway" Rumor Mill maintains, that it was the massive cost overruns for the failed prototype's development that caused Hillary to claim," We were dead broke when we left the Whitehouse."

Either that, or it's a gunsmith's homemade clamp.
(but it'll bring more money on Ebay if you say Hillary owned it)

Last Edited:
Yeah, it's an action wrench! Here's a pic of a "Wilcox Action Wrench" from the current Brownells website:
p_959500000_1.jpg

It's used with a barrel vise to remove/install a bolt action rifle receiver from a barrel using the wrench and some leverage (Cheater) or impactage (4-pound or better hammer). I'm pretty sure I remember a wrench very similiar (if not identical) to yours being offered by Brownells back in the day.

Yes, it looks just like another model of the action wrench for Mauser that Fin and Feather Guns posted above. Anyhow, someone else must have known too, because it sold for $80 on eBay. Yay!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top