Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help identifying this SKS serial number prefix

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by SleepynSeattle, Aug 15, 2010.

1. SleepynSeattle

SleepynSeattle Seattle Member

Howdy

I picked up this Norinco on a craigslist trade for a broken tv. Obviously I need to give a shout to the sheriff's department and make sure it isn't stolen...but can anybody help me ID this s/n please? It's an early Chinese model I believe. The receiver is milled, and the trigger guard is stamped. Matching numbers on literally EVERY part including the stock. I've heard of "DP".....but never "DB". Any clues would be much appreciated!!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

3. SleepynSeattle

SleepynSeattle Seattle Member

Thanks, I've been there and looked at all that. Marvelous amounts of information, and I'm also currently discussing the issue with ooperJ (he really know's his stuff) but it seems like nobody REALLY knows anything about these. It's all conjecture at this point. I guess there just aren't enough of them around, for there to have been enough facts input into the community.

4. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

Hummmm, that is interesting :confused:

YooperJ is from what I know, the SKS GURU on types and countrys of origin. Sounds like you may have a rare one indeed :thumbup: