JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for information as to what model of Mauser action this is?
TIA 2019012095084829.jpg 2019011895232632.jpg

Yugos aren't large rings, they're intermediate ring mausers. The Yugo M24/47s and M48s are good rifles but a lot of aftermarket stocks won't work for them. However, I'd try to source an original stock for it and use that.

It was sporterized, the Yugo M24s had straight bolts, had a stock cover that surrounded the rear sight, and obvious detail beyond those two is holes drilled for scope mount.

There is no such thing as intermediate ring. There are only large ring and small ring Mauser receivers.

Yugo Mausers are large ring but intermediate length. Unlike other large ring Mausers Yugo trigger guard screws are 7 5/8" inches apart instead of 7 7/8" apart. Yugo receivers, bolts, trigger guards, and stocks are not interchangeable with other large ring Mauser actions.
Oi, I just remember intermediate. I'm a FAL/AK guy, just be happy I know stocks and such aren't interchangeable. o_O

Yes. You could make the .358 Norma fit. The COAL is 3.346 which will require a bit of manipulation to the magazine to get them to fit. It might also take altering the feed rail to allow for proper feeding of the belted magnum cartridge. Further, the bolt face will need to be opened to accept the larger diameter of the .358 base compared to the 8mm Mauser.
So the short answer is yes, it can be done, the long answer is that it will take a good bit of work. Then you will have to order a stock specifically cut for the intermediate length action. Richards Microfit can make one. I've had okay luck with their stuff, but it will take work.

If you could find either a P14 or 1917 Enfield that has already been sporterized, there would be less work to get that done. The mag length should already work and the p14 bolt face is already open enough for a belted magnum. You still might need to adjust the feed rails and most people straighten the bellied bottom metal if it hasn't already been done.

Sounds like a fun project, hope to see what you can come up with!
By the way, if you already own that gun and want to have some wildcat fun, maybe an 8mm-06?

Yes. You could make the .358 Norma fit. The COAL is 3.346 which will require a bit of manipulation to the magazine to get them to fit. It might also take altering the feed rail to allow for proper feeding of the belted magnum cartridge. Further, the bolt face will need to be opened to accept the larger diameter of the .358 base compared to the 8mm Mauser.
So the short answer is yes, it can be done, the long answer is that it will take a good bit of work. Then you will have to order a stock specifically cut for the intermediate length action. Richards Microfit can make one. I've had okay luck with their stuff, but it will take work.

If you could find either a P14 or 1917 Enfield that has already been sporterized, there would be less work to get that done. The mag length should already work and the p14 bolt face is already open enough for a belted magnum. You still might need to adjust the feed rails and most people straighten the bellied bottom metal if it hasn't already been done.

Sounds like a fun project, hope to see what you can come up with!
By the way, if you already own that gun and want to have some wildcat fun, maybe an 8mm-06?[/QUOTe
The work has already been done to the rifle, but the guy that owns it doesn't know anything about it other than he has shot it a few times. So I am more interested in knowing what you said about the mods needed to make sure it functions correctly and reliably... it already has a nice sporterized maple stock on it as well as new barrel... I think I might chat with him a lol more and see if I can't find a descent Smith close enough to us both, so I can have it gone over... Thanks

That is a definite shoot before you buy. I would request at least seven rounds. Check feeding and check the condition of the brass after firing. If they are reloads, make him pull the trigger, but have you cycle the action.

Can't tell from the photos what may be on the receiver ring for better identification.

Mauser k98 Preduzece 44

'Preduzece44' is 'Institute44' at Kragujevac in what is now Serbia ; this was the arsenal which reworked K98ks post-war. Most parts will be WWII-vintage but sometimes newly-made barrels were fitted. Careful inspection under daylight will sometimes reveal the original manufacturer marking and date showing faintly on the receiver.The quality of refinish was usually very good and apparently when in storage they were checked, cleaned and refinished where necessary on a five-year rotation.
These rifles often clean up well into very attractive display pieces.
-----------------------------------------

At the end of ww2 Yugoslavia got many German left over weapon, those were reworked and put into service. All correct

44 is just the name of factory as stated above Preduzece 44 means "Factory 44"

More at:
Zastava M 98/48 - Wikipedia

Bruce

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show