JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right forum - looking to take 5 minutes or less to try someone's 9mm BCG in my AR to see if my BCG is bad from the factory...preferably somewhere on the I90/405 east corridor.

I purchased new as pieces a 9mm upper/lower and (KAW Valley) BCG, for a Glock/mag setup.

The mags jam in place when assembled requiring a good blow with a rubber mallet to dislodge/release. They release as expected with KAW BCG removed. Getting the runaround from KAW about them sending me a replacement.

If anybody has another I can briefly try and see if (Glock) mags release as expected, I'd be grateful.

There seem to be two different specs for BCG to ejector placement and its not related to mag types.

FWIW the FM9 BCG's work flawlessly with the spikes lowers.

What brand of mags are you using. I have a PSA 9mm pistol (lower/upper), Glock mags. With factory mags and no BGC mags drop free no problem, with Magpul/ETS its a little more difficult. Add the BCG back and factory are OK, Magpul are a little hard and ETS mags are like you describe above.

Some of my problem I think is just a tight mag release and it has gotten better with use.

Does this happen with both empty and loaded mags?
It's unfired, was testing functionality after assembly - can try with loaded mags but the point is, when the mag is empty it takes a mallet to dislodge.
The mags are factory Glock and Magpul (multiples of both all parts and mags brand new), both types exhibit the same symptom.

Have an RMA from Spikes, but over the phone we established it seems to be the BCG. Kaw Valley Precision customer service was totally useless.

wired: thanks for the tip - I may try and buy a FM9 BCG.

You are probably hanging up on the BHO linkage. Spikes lowers take some trimming if the spring to get the to work right. I just took mine out entirely and it works fine.. Coil spring under the BHO linkage.

Thanks - I've assembled plenty of std. ARs from stripped lowers. The Spikes with BHO came assembled and doesn't appear to have std. disassembly methods.
I'll inquire further about this - thanks, that's the most valuable info yet.

In the Spikes 9mm lower if you look under the BHO bar that the mag trips the bolt stop with there is a 1/2" long coil spring maybe 3/16" diameter that is tunable by cutting coils to give just the right about of force to assist the BHO lever. Its not found on regular AR-15's. A lot of that 9mm stuff is pretty proprietary. I pulled mine out completely ( you dont need to take the lever out . The spring slides out the side ) . If the BHO is hanging up and dragging on the carrier it will do what you are describing.

What I find interesting about the spikes lowers is they are low shelf and sear cut.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top