JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I've got an old Sears Model M300 12ga semi auto shotgun that I got used a couple years ago. I've only shot a few rounds of trap with it, so I've only ever had one in the chamber and one in the tube. It fed fine for about 3 rounds of doubles this way, then I cleaned it and put it away. This was a few months ago.

Then last weekend I took it out to play with because a buddy had asked about it. Well, I loaded it full one time... one the chamber, two in the tube, and all 3 rounds fired without a hitch. However, every single attempt following that I could not get a round to chamber from the tube with any consistency. It worked maybe 3 times out of the 10 times I tried it. The shells weren't even leaving the tube.:huh:

So... here is my question. What should I do to try and fix this myself? I was planning on a full disassembly and cleaning (including the mag tube, which I've never done on this gun), but I don't really know enough about these actions (I'm told it is a re-branded Winchester 1400) to tell if something is amiss. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR