JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I've got an old Sears Model M300 12ga semi auto shotgun that I got used a couple years ago. I've only shot a few rounds of trap with it, so I've only ever had one in the chamber and one in the tube. It fed fine for about 3 rounds of doubles this way, then I cleaned it and put it away. This was a few months ago.

Then last weekend I took it out to play with because a buddy had asked about it. Well, I loaded it full one time... one the chamber, two in the tube, and all 3 rounds fired without a hitch. However, every single attempt following that I could not get a round to chamber from the tube with any consistency. It worked maybe 3 times out of the 10 times I tried it. The shells weren't even leaving the tube.:huh:

So... here is my question. What should I do to try and fix this myself? I was planning on a full disassembly and cleaning (including the mag tube, which I've never done on this gun), but I don't really know enough about these actions (I'm told it is a re-branded Winchester 1400) to tell if something is amiss. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads