JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for awhile, finally got around to making an account. I've been shooting on and off for a long time now. Caught the bug again, and can't seem to get rid of it, so it looks like it is time to dive in head first. I Mostly shoot rifles, but I have been getting into defensive pistol quite a bit lately.

I've been asked that alot ... if i told ya id have to kill ya! :p ....... j/k most places are more for the locals since we keep them nice and tidy HOWEVER would love to show if you're an avid shooter, there are a few places but 2 that i know of have been shut down due to weyerhaeuser and their neighboring companies.

Howdy from up the road in saint helens

Best bet is to get range memberships at rainier or clatskanie clubs, but there ARE plenty of places to shoot a little ways west out of town if you scout around and do your diligence. Up pittsburg theres plenty of forest and BLM roads... Warehauser has shut down access some recently, but if there's no signs and the gate ia closed, and everything else is good for shooting (backstop, no shooting across roads, etc), whats to stop you?

Ive also found a couple reasonable spots up past alder creek.

Over in your neck, up heimeuller to pisgah home, go left and continue on past the pavement - road gets rough, but down a mile or so its totally desolate. And i hear people shooting back up in there often.

Be safe, goos luck

I belong to the Rainier and Clatskanie gun clubs so do my shooting there. If you want to go sometime as my guest I would be happy to take you.

I have looked into both of the gun clubs, leaning more towards the Rainier club. Because my dad wants to get into trap and sporting clays. I have heard they are both fairly small, and my only concern would be driving out there and having a full range. Have you experienced that at all?

Howdy from up the road in saint helens

Best bet is to get range memberships at rainier or clatskanie clubs, but there ARE plenty of places to shoot a little ways west out of town if you scout around and do your diligence. Up pittsburg theres plenty of forest and BLM roads... Warehauser has shut down access some recently, but if there's no signs and the gate ia closed, and everything else is good for shooting (backstop, no shooting across roads, etc), whats to stop you?

Ive also found a couple reasonable spots up past alder creek.

Over in your neck, up heimeuller to pisgah home, go left and continue on past the pavement - road gets rough, but down a mile or so its totally desolate. And i hear people shooting back up in there often.

Be safe, goos luck

That sounds like the general area where I end up. I used to ride my motorcycle up there before they closed the woods. Plenty of old logging roads with dirt mounds to use as a backstop. Nobody seems to bother you up there, and it is pretty clean. I'll start making some trips up onto the mountain once the weather clears up.

I have looked into both of the gun clubs, leaning more towards the Rainier club. Because my dad wants to get into trap and sporting clays. I have heard they are both fairly small, and my only concern would be driving out there and having a full range. Have you experienced that at all?

That sounds like the general area where I end up. I used to ride my motorcycle up there before they closed the woods. Plenty of old logging roads with dirt mounds to use as a backstop. Nobody seems to bother you up there, and it is pretty clean. I'll start making some trips up onto the mountain once the weather clears up.
It is very small and at times I have experienced it being full. However, most of the people are really nice and will try to accommodate you if they can. For the price you can't beat it, especially if you are into trap. They have quite a group I hear.

A few of the "areas" that some of us attend can reach up to 800 yards + if you're ever in the mood for a long shot. Other then that yes the clubs up north are nice, clean and covered for those rainy days :)

A few of the "areas" that some of us attend can reach up to 800 yards + if you're ever in the mood for a long shot. Other then that yes the clubs up north are nice, clean and covered for those rainy days :)

I don't have anything yet that can reach out that far. I have an older Winchester 94 .30-30 that I shoot a fair bit. But I have not stretched its legs yet. I would love to put together a longer (300-500yd) range AR platform rifle though, I think that will be my next firearms purchase.

Welcome to the site! You will find a plethora of information and knowledge here. Also, I would be highly interested in trading some trigger time on my Barrett M99 for a line on somewhere with enough range to shoot it! @Talin or anyone else who knows of a place like that, let me know. My scope isn't the best but I have plenty of rounds to go around.

Welcome to the site! You will find a plethora of information and knowledge here. Also, I would be highly interested in trading some trigger time on my Barrett M99 for a line on somewhere with enough range to shoot it! @Talin or anyone else who knows of a place like that, let me know. My scope isn't the best but I have plenty of rounds to go around.
I do not know of a place that has the range for that. BUT, you can count me in on the trip, if you find can find one. I just want to watch a gun that size shoot! Come on @Talin !

I usually only shoot at 200-300 yards since it's hard to find places with more distance without climbing a mountain, but I'd let ya put some copper down range any time. I have Thursdays and Sundays off, PM me and we can set up some time to go out (this goes for anyone else who would like to see how big of a grin the "crowd-pleaser" can produce) I have a couple places off of Sunset Hwy that are pretty good for at least a couple hundred yards.

I would love to put together a longer (300-500yd) range AR platform rifle though, I think that will be my next firearms purchase.
Hello from Vernonia! And not to sound like a salesman ('cause I'm not making any money here) but if you want to put together an AR15 you should stop by Heller Enterprise/Tactical Ammunition in St Helens.

Hello from Vernonia! And not to sound like a salesman ('cause I'm not making any money here) but if you want to put together an AR15 you should stop by Heller Enterprise/Tactical Ammunition in St Helens.
I have looked into them in the past, heard good things. I took a couple handgun courses through Pacific Tactical, (I'm fairly certain that one of them was at the location of your profile picture), and they recommended heller enterprises. I catch them at the gun show at the expo center every now and then. Never have enough money though haha.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top