JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Warehauser has shut down access some recently, but if there's no signs and the gate ia closed, and everything else is good for shooting (backstop, no shooting across roads, etc), whats to stop you?

Oh maybe just the timber patrol guy, or the stater that spends a good amount of time up there during fire season. Don't get the poor guy busted,,, Whorehouser doesn't allow target shooting period, and they own way too much land up there,,,

Oh maybe just the timber patrol guy, or the stater that spends a good amount of time up there during fire season. Don't get the poor guy busted,,, Whorehouser doesn't allow target shooting period, and they own way too much land up there,,,
I went shooting at my usual spot yesterday, Weyerhaeuser is starting to log the land just before my shooting lane. I think it said C&C logging was up there, but Weyerhaeuser had signs up along the road. So that was sad. Then I got to my spot and someone had dumped 5 old tractor tires right in the middle of my shooting lane. Beautiful day up there though.

I went shooting at my usual spot yesterday, Weyerhaeuser is starting to log the land just before my shooting lane. I think it said C&C logging was up there, but Weyerhaeuser had signs up along the road. So that was sad. Then I got to my spot and someone had dumped 5 old tractor tires right in the middle of my shooting lane. Beautiful day up there though.

Yeah, pretty sad. We have our fair share of slob shooters and garbage dumpers around here,,, :mad:

I live in Sain't Helen's myself and would like to find a 100 to 200 yard area to shoot but I am kind of chicken because I really don't want to get into trouble by shooting somewhere I should not. Trying to do things right. This is critical to my enjoyment.

I live in Sain't Helen's myself and would like to find a 100 to 200 yard area to shoot but I am kind of chicken because I really don't want to get into trouble by shooting somewhere I should not. Trying to do things right. This is critical to my enjoyment.
Guess I ought to change my location.

I might be able to take you, depending on what your schedule is like?

Hello from St Helens! The Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Club also has an indoor pistol range, which is nice if you want to shoot out of the rain.

I'm looking for new spots out here, too. For the same reasons listed by many before me. Good luck and safe shooting!

I have been riding my motorcycle and shooting up in the mountains above Scappoose for about 10 years now, I have found that the logging companies mark their territory very well. You'll know if you are somewhere that you aren't "supposed" to be. Large orange signs, "no trespassing" spray painted on trees, closed gates.
When I went up this last weekend I knew something was wrong because the holes in the road were filled in, the brush was cut back, and the road was widened. Just head up and drive the back roads, there are plenty of places left, you just might have to drive a little higher up the mountain.

Welcome aboard, nice to have you with us! Glad you decided to quit lurkin and come on in and join the fun! Lots of cool folks here on NWFA! Plenty of shooting ares out your way, just watch for private lands, not all are posted clearly! Sounds like a few folks around you have some places they know and recommend, and a few shooting trips with some would be super duper cool! Bring goodies to share around! Best of luck, and WELCOME!:)

I have been riding my motorcycle and shooting up in the mountains above Scappoose for about 10 years now, I have found that the logging companies mark their territory very well. You'll know if you are somewhere that you aren't "supposed" to be. Large orange signs, "no trespassing" spray painted on trees, closed gates.
When I went up this last weekend I knew something was wrong because the holes in the road were filled in, the brush was cut back, and the road was widened. Just head up and drive the back roads, there are plenty of places left, you just might have to drive a little higher up the mountain.
Have you combined the two? Riding up there and shooting?

Have you combined the two? Riding up there and shooting?
No I have not. The two passions seem to have come at different times. Shooting has surfaced while motorcycle riding has dwindled. No desire to do both at the same time. Plus I don't have a street legal bike, getting pulled over on a dirt bike with a backpack full of guns is not high up on my to do list. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top