JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone. I just joined at the advice of my friend Vern. I live in Brookings but spend part of my time in Medford, too.
I'm a target shooter and super casual plinker. My goal for 2021 is to become a more proficient shooter. My son is the real enthusiast who is super knowledgeable and is always teaching me new things. Funny how that works. It's our mother-son time.
In addition to shooting at paper I also love motorcycles and riding/driving fast on twisty roads.
Cheers.

I miss Brookings. Lived there from 1987-1993. Loved it, but when the prison came in below the border, wife lost her job and couldn't find another due to being middle age and too much competition for scarce jobs.

I knew a Vern. Worked for his son at Beeco. Vern owned the cable tv company and was active in the Presbytarian church. Prob no the same guy from the sounds of it.

Do you fish? I caught soooooo many salmon there, and a few steelhead. As well as Gold Beach. Offshore, bay/estuary, and river. Biggest hen I caught was on the Winchuck in the estuary. I had a small runabout, 16' with Merc 4cyl I/O, and bought a 18' high side, wide bottom, guide model Fishrite drift boat, made in Dreadford.

Welcome... looking forward to your tales!!!

I miss Brookings. Lived there from 1987-1993. Loved it, but when the prison came in below the border, wife lost her job and couldn't find another due to being middle age and too much competition for scarce jobs.

I knew a Vern. Worked for his son at Beeco. Vern owned the cable tv company and was active in the Presbytarian church. Prob no the same guy from the sounds of it.

Do you fish? I caught soooooo many salmon there, and a few steelhead. As well as Gold Beach. Offshore, bay/estuary, and river. Biggest hen I caught was on the Winchuck in the estuary. I had a small runabout, 16' with Merc 4cyl I/O, and bought a 18' high side, wide bottom, guide model Fishrite drift boat, made in Dreadford.

Welcome... looking forward to your tales!!!

my Vern is in the Portland area. I know him from the motorcycling world.
I'm relatively new to brookings. I grew up in the rogue valley then went to grad school in San Francisco and worked there for a long time. I moved up to brookings to be closer to mom. I work remotely so that helps. I tried to quit my job and the company owner refused to accept my resignation.

I don't fish. I did as a kid but I don't care for fish much.(I'm a weirdo).

I don't fish. I did as a kid but I don't care for fish much.(I'm a weirdo).

Too bad, both great fishing and seafood there.

Ummm, try the, I think it's "Mama's" Italian restaurant downtown.... pretty good if you like italian and if it's still there.

I'm sure you will be enjoying walks on the beach at Xmas in 60F weather while I freeze over here at 10F and 4' of snow...

BTW, locals go up the river during summer, cuz the coast is so foggy. But 95F and sun is just 5 miles upriver. And no wind generally.

Welcome aboard, I've got some old family friends down in Brookings, cool place!

@bbbass that is solid intel. I love splashing around in the water.

We used to take an inner tube or a swimming/beach raft up to the highest put-in and float down to the take out at the park. Ummmm the park I don't remember the name is about 7miles upriver and the highest put in is I think 7miles above that. Not as far as the low water bridge or even the S fork. It's an all day float. If I had a map I could show you, but it should become really obvious, and the locals know all about it. Take some friends, two cars and drop one off, or if going alone drop yours off and hitchhike up. Take sunscreen.

We used to take an inner tube or a swimming/beach raft up to the highest put-in and float down to the take out at the park. Ummmm the park I don't remember the name is about 7miles upriver and the highest put in is I think 7miles above that. Not as far as the low water bridge or even the S fork. It's an all day float. If I had a map I could show you, but it should become really obvious, and the locals know all about it. Take some friends, two cars and drop one off, or if going alone drop yours off and hitchhike up. Take sunscreen.

my kid and I are both water rats (and with enhanced buoyancy!). This is so going to be a thing.

my kid and I are both water rats (and with enhanced buoyancy!). This is so going to be a thing.

I'm a water rat too. I used to be skinny back when I was body surfing and in swim meets, and while in USCG Search and Rescue Aircrewman. Now I got a beer gut. Oh well. I still love water at age 68.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads