JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, HB 1705 has passed both the House and the Senate, so now it's headed to Snake Inslee's desk for signature. Yes, he will almost certainly sign it, because that's who he is.

However, let's try the Hail Mary, and if nothing else it'll let him know how we feel -- let's flood Inslee with emails and phone calls!

Here are your choices (and you can do all three!):

1) Use the Firearm Policy Coalition page to send Inslee an email: https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl.fastly.net/messages/edit?promo_id=15881

2) Call Inslee at 360-902-4111 (see https://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/contact/contact-gov-inslee).

3) Email Inslee from this page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/contact/send-gov-inslee-e-message

You can find all the grisly details of the bill here, if you're into self-inflicted pain: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1705&Year=2021&Initiative=false

And as always, please post after you contact him, and let's keep the momentum up! Thank you!

Found it...

Starts at the 4:20 mark. Listen carefully at 6:40 to 6:55...

He's dropping a video today that pertains specifically to HB 1705 (casper guns).

Here I was thinking I would have to cut up the couple I already made and have about a dozen 80% that have been sitting in the safe years now. Thought I was going to have to give those away. Glad they got a reprieve at least for now. Thanks Sobo!

Found it...

Starts at the 4:20 mark. Listen carefully at 6:40 to 6:55...

He's dropping a video today that pertains specifically to HB 1705 (casper guns).
This ☝️was actually posted by @sobo
Here I was thinking I would have to cut up the couple I already made and have about a dozen 80% that have been sitting in the safe years now. Thought I was going to have to give those away. Glad they got a reprieve at least for now. Thanks Sobo!
I don't know how the video I had posted got deleted (perhaps it got lost/dropped when my post above got cut from the SB 5217 AWB thread and merged into this thread, but if the timestamps I indicated above don't make any sense, they should now...

ETA: I forgot to mention... DONE!

Last Edited:
So whats the short version of this again? Prohibits possesson of ghost guns in Wa.?
Only new ones. Does not prohibit possession of currently held GGs.
Basically, it registers them, as in requiring a serial number by March 10 of 2023. And only a FFL can serialize them - no homemade jobs
But only for those unserialized guns made AFTER July 1 of 2019.
Since all of our caspers were built before that date, we're all in the clear. No serialization required. :)

Last Edited:
Only new ones. Does not prohibit possession of currently held GGs.
Basically, it registers them, as in requiring a serial number by March of 2023. And only a FFL can serialize them - no homemade jobs
But only for those unserialized guns made AFTER July 1 of 2019.
Since all of our caspers were built before that date, we're all in the clear. No serialization required. :)
You have caspers? (dont answer that...) I just think the subject is interesting....

thanks, good summary.
What a mess of a law to wrap our heads around, what threw me off was it regulates both "undetectable" and "untraceable" very confusing to put it all together.

What a mess of a law to wrap our heads around, what threw me off was it regulates both "undetectable" and "untraceable" very confusing to put it all together.
They do that on purpose...

This ☝️was actually posted by @sobo

I don't know how the video I had posted got deleted (perhaps it got lost/dropped when my post above got cut from the SB 5217 AWB thread and merged into this thread, but if the timestamps I indicated above don't make any sense, they should now...

ETA: I forgot to mention... DONE!
I cut and pasted your post into this thread because the one new member was having a complete breakdown over us talking about this in another thread :D
When I cut and pasted it the video did not seem to move with it but I did see what you were talking about which is why I was saying I was glad to hear I did not yet have to give up the lowers I bought years ago. Nor cut up the ones I already built. Since there was no way I was going to try to get them "registered" I was going to gift the dozen or so 80% and chop up the ones I already finished. I REALLY like that lawyer and the channel he is doing with info on this garbage the state law makers are doing. Would be great if we could get him to become a member here. Would also love to see him do his stuff on Rumble too, so as to get away from google before the censor him. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top