JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks, with all the attention SB-5078 (magazine ban) is getting, just wanted to make sure we don't lose sight of the other horrendous bills in the pipeline. HB-1705 (ghost guns) is a scary piece of legislation for many reasons, not the least of which is impact to the builder community, which is composed of professionals and hobbyists alike.

Please share your perspectives on this bill here so that others might benefit from your insights and add more weight to their own arguments. The goal here is to capture PURSUASIVE arguments that we can use in our efforts to fight this legislation.

While I know there are numerous reasons to speak out against this bill, I decided to frame my arguments from a slightly different perspective in my comments to legislators:

As an entrepreneur and soon-to-be small business owner in the small arms industry, I strongly oppose this measure. It would make it illegal for any aspiring inventor or entrepreneur to create prototypes of products in development if they do not already have a federal firearms license. There are hundreds of arms manufacturers in the state, and hundreds more entrepreneurs developing prototypes in efforts to bring new firearm designs to market. As with any mechanical engineering effort, the process of making a functional firearm requires significant capital expense and numerous design revisions. Also, the process of obtaining a manufacturers license from the ATF is expensive and time consuming. If this law were passed only established firearms manufacturers will be permitted to create prototypes, and prevent inventors and entrepreneurs, the key drivers of innovation in any industry, from entering that market. This bill should exempt entrepreneurs and inventors to avoid impact to business.

HB-1705 has been scheduled for public hearing next week on Monday, 2/21. We need to flood the con positions like we did for the magazine ban.

Go to https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/Senate
Select Senate Law & Justice committee,
Select 2/21/22 meeting date
Select ESHB 1705, then either select testify, have your position noted for the record or submit written testimony.

Make sure you MARK YOUR POSITION AS CON then fill out your name and address.

HB-1705 has been scheduled for public hearing next week on Monday, 2/21. We need to flood the con positions like we did for the magazine ban.

Go to https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/Senate
Select Senate Law & Justice committee,
Select 2/21/22 meeting date
Select ESHB 1705, then either select testify, have your position noted for the record or submit written testimony.

Make sure you MARK YOUR POSITION AS CON then fill out your name and address.
Thanks for the update!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA