JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today none of the four AW bills have been voted on. So if your semi auto is at least partway through the ten business days then there is a decent chance it will beat the bill to the finish line.
For me it depends on SouthSound 911... Rainier Arms informed me on day six of the 10 day lockup that they only release after the background check comes back clear...The employee that sold me the rifle helped me calculate shipping time plus the ten days but somehow failed to mention that policy... Had I known that, I would have sent it to another FFL.
Curiosity killed the cat... I may as well call them (SS911) tomorrow and ask my questions... "If I have a enhanced background check in progress, do I need to have another started for another firearm purchase or can the same one be used?" "Is there a number I can call to check the progress of my background check and provide any additional required details? I hear horror stories of checks expiring and having to start over"

For me it depends on SouthSound 911... Rainier Arms informed me on day six of the 10 day lockup that they only release after the background check comes back clear...The employee that sold me the rifle helped me calculate shipping time plus the ten days but somehow failed to mention that policy... Had I known that, I would have sent it to another FFL.
Curiosity killed the cat... I may as well call them (SS911) tomorrow and ask my questions... "If I have a enhanced background check in progress, do I need to have another started for another firearm purchase or can the same one be used?" "Is there a number I can call to check the progress of my background check and provide any additional required details? I hear horror stories of checks expiring and having to start over"
Maybe ask Rainier if they'll release on day 11 considering that they'll get stuck with it if they don't. Maybe if you show a current CPL, fresh criminal record printout, etc., they'll follow the 10 day rule.

Maybe ask Rainier if they'll release on day 11 considering that they'll get stuck with it if they don't. Maybe if you show a current CPL, fresh criminal record printout, etc., they'll follow the 10 day rule.
Where does one get a fresh criminal record printout? (its going to be empty or contain two speeding tickets one from Auburn, one from another state)

Last Edited:
My assumption (and maybe a bad assumption) is that it would be similar to SB5078. The law seems similar in its writing and (lack of depth/knowledge). It would be put into effect in a few months after passage and signature. Assuming no injunction occurs… what's going on in Illinois and Oregon is somewhat comforting for me. Hopefully the courts stand up for us. Who knows. My gut feeling is that despite having the numbers to pass this bill, it will still be an uphill battle for the dems. But maybe I think that because I want to believe it.
Nope, there is an emergency clause making it effective the day it's sign .

Any one know if you could still get an AR9 pistol lower ? because technically it be like buying a pistol and they arn't banning those, it specifically states AR15, so the AR10 and AR9 are safe from this?

Any one know if you could still get an AR9 pistol lower ? because technically it be like buying a pistol and they arn't banning those, it specifically states AR15, so the AR10 and AR9 are safe from this?
It calls out AR15, M16 or M4 in ALL FORMS-so no matter if its 9mm or 22LR, if its based on AR platform, no go.

It calls out AR15, M16 or M4 in ALL FORMS-so no matter if its 9mm or 22LR, if its based on AR platform, no go.
One of the main definitions however, written twice, is that an AW is a centerfire rifle. Maybe an M4 "all forms" would cover that, but for the rest of the bill it seems that 10/22s in whatever config (minus the AR platform) is ignored. I dunno, maybe Im wrong.

One of the main definitions however, written twice, is that an AW is a centerfire rifle. Maybe an M4 "all forms" would cover that, but for the rest of the bill it seems that 10/22s in whatever config (minus the AR platform) is ignored. I dunno, maybe Im wrong.
It will depend on final wording, but they list a number of characteristics that would put it into the "assault" category like threaded barrel, handguard, overall length of less than 30", folding or collapsible stock… so some versions of the 10/22 ( tactical with handguard and stock) would hit those, while others wouldn't so it's just plain stupid definitions because it's the same gun.

Today is day 10, background check cleared last week, they just had to enforce 10 day wait? I built a gun, now I bought a retail gun. I'm excited to see how they shoot.

By House and Senate rules all bills have to be scheduled for a vote. HB 1240 passed the committee but has yet to be scheduled for a discussion and public comment period on the floor. The Senate version of the bill hasn't been even discussed and based on committee agendas is not scheduled until next week at the earliest. Overall based on the speed they're going and the number of other hot topic bills the earliest this gets passed through is March. Chances are it'll be later though like how they did with the mag ban

I went to West Coast Armory in Bellevue for G19 on January 4, 2023. I got a call on January 13 saying my BGC is complete. Went over on Saturday morning January 14th when they opened. I was buying pistol not a AR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top