JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you attended training?

• Yes, plan on attending more.

Votes: 91 74.0%
  • Yes, but no more.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • No, but plan on it.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • No, and don't intend to.

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
"Attended training" is a pretty big question. What type of training? Firearm Training? Unarmed? Sewing? Diving?

Well, since this is a firearms forum and this is a subsection on said forum, lets go with firearms training...:huh:

If there was sarcasm there, I missed it...

Regardless of ones current level of training to remain sharp with the defensive skills one has obtained. You need to continue your training or the skills you have learned dimish over time. Marksmanship fundamentals, gun handling skills, tactics, defensive mindset, review of your state laws regarding use of deadly force, etc. are area's that one needs to remain on top of. This applies to LEO's, Military (Active, Reserves, Former,Retired) private security proffesionals, and the citizen's who possess CHL'S.

This is my thought on the subject.
OFARICK
Oregon Firearms Academy LLC

Regardless of ones current level of training to remain sharp with the defensive skills one has obtained. You need to continue your training or the skills you have learned dimish over time. Marksmanship fundamentals, gun handling skills, tactics, defensive mindset, review of your state laws regarding use of deadly force, etc. are area's that one needs to remain on top of. This applies to LEO's, Military (Active, Reserves, Former,Retired) private security proffesionals, and the citizen's who possess CHL'S.

OFARICK

You are 100% correct and I doubt that anyone could disagree with you. Now move your academy closer to Portland!! :s0114:

OFARICK

Thanks for chiming in Rick. Always nice to have you and Dan on here to get a good professional opinion. Not sure about the above request to move your academy towards Portland, though. The weather is drier over on the east side of the state... ;)

Moving OFA is a tough request...because no matter where we move someone won't like it for example - GreenLED wants us to move to South America so he doesn't have to travel so far or O' Canada want us to move further up north 'eh.

Carl wants us to move to New Jersey and Mikey and his brothers want us to move down to Georgia.

So if you under a days drive from OFA you ought to consider yourself lucky!

Thanks for chiming in Rick. Always nice to have you and Dan on here to get a good professional opinion. Not sure about the above request to move your academy towards Portland, though. The weather is drier over on the east side of the state... ;)

Gotta go with MB there....after hearing Siglady complain about the rain on her cameras on the OCC forum...siting on the dry side seems like a no brainer....:s0155:

PS SJ will gladly buy the land.

Have taken quite a few classes, looking for a different school to continue training. I have had some good classes and some real disappointments from the same school. Paying for quality training shouldn't be a gamble. Might try Thunder Ranch.

Have taken quite a few classes, looking for a different school to continue training. I have had some good classes and some real disappointments from the same school. Paying for quality training shouldn't be a gamble. Might try Thunder Ranch.

If you go let me know how it is. I have read many articles on that place and they say it is possibly the best. Good luck.

Moving OFA is a tough request...because no matter where we move someone won't like it for example - GreenLED wants us to move to South America so he doesn't have to travel so far or O' Canada want us to move further up north 'eh.

What! No more nine hour drives?? Yahoo!!!! Oh, wait a minute.:s0131: That means I'll be spending more money on training. Wife is going to kill me. Oh wait, does O.F.A. have a course for avoiding that?:s0114:

Peter
Nice Group!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class