JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Resistance is futile. o_O

:s0140:

True dat:

x84TC24eLid5eSeDz87RBbexFLHMitVaTnKcbngqDdG5MsiQV_.jpg

I'm surprised the NFA hasnt come up more often as a means of restricting "assault rifles" . I know somebody brought it up on the D side the last debate cycle but its never gained traction. I know they just want them to disappear entirely but an organized push to put everything in the NFA hasnt ever really materialized. Oddly enough opening up the NFA to everything might actually speed the process up as it would get fully funded and manned and probably streamined. .

I'm surprised the NFA hasnt come up more often as a means of restricting "assault rifles" . I know somebody brought it up on the D side the last debate cycle but its never gained traction. I know they just want them to disappear entirely but an organized push to put everything in the NFA hasnt ever really materialized. Oddly enough opening up the NFA to everything might actually speed the process up as it would get fully funded and manned and probably streamined. .

Adding existing "assault weapons" to the NFA is on Biden's official campaign site.

Yes.

Once by a Police Officer ( !!?)

9/15/1988
Type: MAC-11 .380ACP submachinegun
Lawfully possessed:Yes
Circumstances: Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber smg to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman.

....and another time.......by a Police Officer....

4/2002
Type: MP5 submachinegun
Lawfully possessed: Yes
Circumstances: Police officer Edward Lutes went on a rampage with a police-issue MP5, killing 5 neighbors (in two separate homes), before killing himself with a handgun.
Fatalities (excluding perpetrator): 5 (Not a mass shooting as the victims were specifically targeted in their homes)

;)

I was lobbying against the bill that Reagan signed making it illegal for civilians to have access to fully automatic weapons. Actually the bill prohibited civilian ownership of any fully automatic weapon made after some date in 1986 (IIRC).

At the time I recall calling EVERY U.S. Congressman and Senator, traveling to meet a number of them and offering to support the bill if they could show me a single case of a legally owned fully auto being used in a crime. The case cited happened after Reagan signed that bill so it appears to me, anti-gun forces are always looking for a problem to solve.

I was lobbying against the bill that Reagan signed making it illegal for civilians to have access to fully automatic weapons. Actually the bill prohibited civilian ownership of any fully automatic weapon made after some date in 1986 (IIRC).

At the time I recall calling EVERY U.S. Congressman and Senator, traveling to meet a number of them and offering to support the bill if they could show me a single case of a legally owned fully auto being used in a crime. The case cited happened after Reagan signed that bill so it appears to me, anti-gun forces are always looking for a problem to solve.
The '86 FOPA wasnt a bad bill in and of itself. I remember when it passed and it was 98% a good thing. It was the last minute addition of the Hughes Amendment that turned it into a stinking pile of garbage? The safe passage and ammo sales sections especially were beneficial. Its why we can have online ammo sales now. How exactly were you lobbying on the Hughes amendment when it was literally added to the Firearms Owner Protection Act the same day as the vote?

Last Edited:
I'm surprised the NFA hasnt come up more often as a means of restricting "assault rifles" .

Yes, Biden is using the "success" of the 1934 NFA to go for restricting semi-auto so-called assault rifles in a similar way. Which I guess if such a move came about, would mean there would be a $200 tax on selling and transferring an AR15.

The '86 FOPA wasnt a bad bill in and of itself. I remember when it passed and it was 98% a good thing. It was the last minute addition of the Hughes Amendment that turned it into a stinking pile of garbage? The safe passage and ammo sales sections especially were beneficial. Its why we can have online ammo sales now. How exactly were you lobbying on the Hughes amendment when it was literally added to the Firearms Owner Protection Act the same day as the vote?

Lobbyists are aware of the B.S. tricks that the Dems are about to pull. Everybody knows the score. The whole proposal by Hughes was known to everybody on Capitol Hill BEFORE it was announced. I made damn sure of it.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews